Anyone running spacers with 285/30/19 wheels?

AdrianL

So I've found out where the rubbing noise is coming from on track days! The fuel filler shield.. :scare:

So rather than getting new wheels, I'm hoping I can get some spacers to alleviate the issue. Is anyone running spacers with the above tyres? and if so what size and have you got any pictures of what yours looks like?

Adrian

Not sure. Is there an easy way to find out without measuring? Those size came with the car, though I do really like them. 235/35/19 on the front.

There may be a sticker on the inside barrel of the wheels. Those tyre sizes are crazy, no idea why anyone would fit those. 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 are the typical sizes for 19's.

• Like 1

If your tracking it I would run some std rays or similar light 18's with something sticky just for track work, the difference in feel and handling is night and day over heavy 19's. If you dont want to go down that route I would wait till yours need replacing and get a 275/245 combo on.

I'm thinking track wheels may be a better option. What do people think on spacer sizes? I'm worried if I got spacers for the rears they'll catch on those arches. If they do I'll go down the track wheels route...

y7A8xE7.jpg

iqtyNyM.jpg

Edited by AdrianL

Dont waste your money on spacers buddy, put it towards some track wheels and tyres. Incidentally, have you had any alignment done?

Yeah thinking that may be a better option! I had some done probably about 6 months ago, but probably due to get sorted again.