Brake bleed boo boo maybe

Spoons

I hate to have to publicly admit my mistakes but I'm swallowing my pride.

I fit new Hose technic stainless brake lines the other day and fear I got air in the ABS system. The wheel came off on the front near side brake lines. For those that don't know it's a two line set up joined by junction blocks. My mistake on this corner was forgetting to nip up the line on one of these blocks after been happy they were sitting where they should. I continued on with the rear set fitting and it was on the last corner i realised there was a puddle at the front near side wheel. I jumped up screaming every blue word in the dictionary and found the reservoir empty :'(

I bled the brakes twice and there is zero air coming out of any corner. I do have brakes and they aren't that bad,but the pedal is soft and I can just tell from the feel there is air in there. However the pedal is not as good as before and with stainless lines and fresh fluid it should be at least as good if not better.

This is why I suspect air in the Abs. My question is can I get air out of the ABS if I bleed the brakes with the engine running or ignition on. Or is it a garage job for a nightmare session.

Thanks in advance. Let the scolding begin.

Edited by Spoons

Should it not be NSR-OSR-NSF-OSF?

And yes, you're right in saying that bleeding with the engine running can clear air from the ABS unit in the majority of cars without fancy SST from main dealers.

Lol yes you would have thought the Z would have been like most normal car, as I did. The logical furthest wheel away from the master cylinder working your way in. That is the way I did it first time. Then read up a bit more and did it the Z way the second, quirky. Although makes perfect sense if it's lay out is a Z like format on the brake lines.

I assume that by not having the car running certain valves in the ABS are not open so don't allow air in or fluid through. With the engine running these valves open allowing you to purge the ABS.

Edited by Spoons