Service/Check Up

Conlonl

Hi All

Again new to this site and 350z ownership,

Just recently purchased a Z and loving it, drives like a dream and start up and sounds beautiful without any issues,

For peace of mind and just because i want to own this car and run it for the long forseeable future, i basically want to just get a good solid check up, i believe it has just had a service with new drive and alternator belts plus sparks etc but i want to get it all checked out myself for peace of mind

any good nissan servicers in the manchester or coventry area? who will be able to give my car a really good once over and me peace of mind?

Also when is the timing chain usually due to be done on these cars and how much should i expect to pay for this job?

Sorry for long message and cheers for you help in advance

Worth looking at Lockwood and Greenwood, Ashton under Lyne, Greater Manchester. They are ex Nissan dealers and have a good working knowledge of Zeds.

They are recommended and used by a lot of North West Zed owners, me included. In fact my Zed is in there in 2 weeks!

Friendly and enthusiastic guys and they give a discount for Zed owners club members.

Hope this helps.

+1 on Lockwood and Greenwood.

They have seen and serviced more Zeds than any Nissan dealer in Manchester garanteed!

Been taking my zed there for past 8 yrs.

Timing chain has no set replacement time as far as I know unlike timing belts.

+1 lockwood and greenwood.

There is another thread somewhere about the timing chain - I don't believe there is a set servicing interval for it. Not heard of many having it replaced but its tension can be checked to determine if it has stretched. Don't know about cost but I doubt its a short job... FWIW I'm on 140K miles and no issues.