GoPro Mount

Draximus

I want to make something like this... home made gopro mount for the 370z rear strut.

http://www.the370z.com/exterior-interior/69708-how-make-awesome-gopro-hd-car-mount-approx-30-ak370z.html

The guy who wrote that post has been quite helpful and listed out the required parts and even a link to some American online shop.

Trouble is I dont know what the equivalent product is called in the UK, google isnt helping much.

Is anyone handy and recognise what i should be looking for?

• Like 1

Just go to any decent plumbing suppliers and ask for 3/4" plastic pipe (used for overflows) they will have the joins and inserts listed in the link you posted, they will also have the glue usually just says "plastic cement" on the side - if you are using it you have to be quick as it dries fast and make sure you get the part lined up quick as you won't move it again after a few seconds. the rubber joint should also be off the shelf but any bit of pipe (i would us silicon) will do and jubilee clips are easy to come by.

Looks quite good though have fun making it :thumbs:

You can get all of them from ScrewFix, ToolStation or B&Q. Maybe the big flex coupling with jubilee clip/hose clip (Halfrauds sells them usually without the rubber hose) can be purchased from automotive shop (Truck parts but might not be cheap). However, you can substitute that with any sheet rubber as the aim it to protect the bar and stop your mount from slipping.

Edited by veeg33

• 2 weeks later...