Engines mods before a remap

ginner

So I pick my car up in the coming weeks(it's a 2004), and although I plan to enjoy the car in its current form, I've never been one to leave the tinkering for long.

The car already has a cobra resonated cat back exhaust.

As far as in aware nothing else has been done performance wise.

So forced induction and major works aside for now, from what I've read the following are a good start:

Plenum spacer - motordyne now that wasso doesn't make them anymore

Flyboy air box mod

Panel filter - will go with k&n as I have the recharge kit from a previous car!

Any other suggestions stains before a probably remap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No that's pretty much it really. Find out if the exhaust includes an aftermarket Ypipe or not, and look to fitting one if it hasn't to remove a restriction. You could also go sports cats if you've got deep enough pockets, worth doing that before the remap as they often throw up an EML which requires remapping to remove.

Edited by Sargara

Before the remap (UpRev)...

Other things to make you go faster... :)

• Oil change ~ you'd be surprised but this can gain you a few extra HP especially if your oil is really old & in need of a change.
  • Better tyres & suspension upgrades.
  • Weight reduction.

I will check on the Y Pipe question when i get the car.

Wont be going decat/sports cat - had more than my share of issues with cats on the current car so i will be leaving well alone unless they need replacing at some point.

I assuming that with the horsham plenum spacer containing "Alloy Strut Bar Spacers" that it doesnt that it doesnt fit with the strut set up as standard - does this cause any issues with the bonnet?

Oil change, tyres/suspension and weight reduction will come in the future when funds allow.

Who is the best for remapping the 350z?

I assuming that with the horsham plenum spacer containing "Alloy Strut Bar Spacers" that it doesnt that it doesnt fit with the strut set up as standard - does this cause any issues with the bonnet?

No plenum spacer will fit under the normal strut bar as there isn't enough clearance when one is fitted. This is because with the plenum spacers installed it lifts the plenum top upwards so they all use strut bar spacers to give the clearance needed.

This will cause no issues with the bonnet whatsoever.

Who is the best for remapping the 350z?

There are plenty of decent garages around the UK that can do the mapping & sometimes it just comes down to location for who you use.

I personally used Horsham Developments but there are others like Abbey Motorsports, TDI North, Dyna Tune & others.

Horsham Developments: http://h-dev.co.uk/?v=79cba1185463

Abbey Motorsport: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/101-abbey-motorsport/

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Per the uprev website there is this place in Warrington - http://www.tdi-north.com/ that have links to Abbey Motorsport, they are a bit closer.

Anyone had any dealings with these?

What are peoples thoughts on earthing kits?

Loads of members have used Abbey Motorsport and they are highly recommended.

Earthing kits ~ my personal belief is not to bother but I know others like them. Personal choice on that one. ;)

With the throttle being electronically controlled, it makes sense to help the system receive the best signal/earth it can. I have the h-dev earthing kit and noticed a smoother idle and quicker start up.