Japspeed K4

Chris141084

If you run cat's not so much loud. But then depends from person to persom what is loud. Fitment takes bit time to align everything. Quality is so so. You get what u pay for. Have mine now 1.5 to 2 years and is ready for scrap. Im this time I have weld it already 2 times.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Sure mate. I think if you can stretch a bit with coins Invidia is excellent choice. Perfect fitment buddy has it now for 3 years and still works flawless. K4 already after half year of use is not the same exhaust it was. The quality of insulation used for sond is poor and it burns out quickly, stainless steel is also not much of qualit. For first aid it can help but gain after a year or so you are in same problems

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Not sure if you can view this without signing up, but a guy on the Celica forums set about rectifying a Japspeed. He properly took it apart and reviewed it and found for the money it is much better quality than people give it credit for. As mentioned a lot of the issues are fitment, he found on this thread that one part was a touch too long so cut it back a few mm put it back together and the whole system lined up perfect. http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/177865-st205-jap-speed-exhaust-need-to-know-and-how-to-fix-mainly-3-flexi-front-pipe

For what it's worth, I got a K4 the other month as my OEM box had sheared off the midpipe, and I needed a quick replacement. I also wanted a true dual, but didn't have (or feel the need) to spend £1100 or so on an Ark Grip.

The garage only took an hour to fit it and aside from it touching the ARB and needing a bit of heat/bending, the rest was fine. So yes it can potentially not be 100% perfect, but for the sake of saving a lot of money, it can offer an affordable true dual for the zed.

Time will tell how it holds up, but I don't drive in the wet anyway so it may last longer :lol:

And yes it is loud and can drone around the 1200rpm mark if you are in 6th and in traffic, but open it up and it sounds great

Edited by Stan

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed a k4 last week on my car. And had no problems with fitment. Perhaps I had a good one out of the lot. Everything from the cat up to the tips lined up perfectly. Bonus only paid £465 for it.