Took a risk on a Toyosport !!

Zedrock

Although a few negative comments on here I took the risk and ordered a Toyosport off Ebay, managed to get one in an auction for £189 inc delivery instead of the 250 they sell them for that was for Y pipe back, then a couple of days later they reduced the price on the Y pipe so got that too for 107 inc delivery, had it fitted today and my man was impressed with the quality, took him longer to get the stock system off with rusted bolts etc than to fit the new one, went on easy , one tail pipe does hang very slightly lower that the other but so did my stock one, may go back and get the bracket heated and bent if it annoys me enough but it's hardly noticeable !

Sound is slightly deeper than stock not too loud no drone just a good growl when you give it some beans but I have a Mishimoto induction Kit on which adds to the sound a bit too, overall good value for money if (as me ) you don't have the cash to hand for a higher end one .

Will keep everyone updated on how it lasts over the following months !

The problem with them is the quality control, some of them fit perfectly, some of them don't fit at all. That's why people are so negative, because theirs was terrible, if you don't need something urgently and you potentially have the time to send the piece back for a replacement, they are definitely worth the gamble. Unfortunately most people don't have that time, so it pays dividends to spend a little more for an almost guaranteed fit. Normally the problems aren't horrendous, it's just that a lot of home mechanics can't fix the issues themselves.

• Like 3

How much louder do you think it is over stock?

Not much louder, just a bit more bassy and a slight crackle on the overrun , cruising not noticeably louder just a bit more when you push it, more of a deeper tone than anything.

The problem with them is the quality control, some of them fit perfectly, some of them don't fit at all. That's why people are so negative, because theirs was terrible, if you don't need something urgently and you potentially have the time to send the piece back for a replacement, they are definitely worth the gamble. Unfortunately most people don't have that time, so it pays dividends to spend a little more for an almost guaranteed fit. Normally the problems aren't horrendous, it's just that a lot of home mechanics can't fix the issues themselves.

Yep could def be the case, I took a punt as I have a good mechanic who I know if worst came to the worst would sort it one way or another, he had a right battle trying to undo the rusty bolts on the stock system at the front end,luckily in this case no need, I previously had a Cybox exhaust for my daily drive MG ZT 190 and that took a bit of tweaking to get it to hang right but he sorted it for me so I knew I was in good hands.

To be honest at just over 300 quid for cat back even if I'd had to spend another 50 getting it altered still not too bad, the mid section and back box came with gaskets etc just had to get a couple for the Y pipe, the quality of the welds and the gauge of the steel all good, but as you say you pays your money and makes your choice, i'd love a true dual at some point in the future but for the time being this will do the job.

Yep could def be the case, I took a punt as I have a good mechanic who I know if worst came to the worst would sort it one way or another, he had a right battle trying to undo the rusty bolts on the stock system at the front end,luckily in this case no need, I previously had a Cybox exhaust for my daily drive MG ZT 190 and that took a bit of tweaking to get it to hang right but he sorted it for me so I knew I was in good hands.

To be honest at just over 300 quid for cat back even if I'd had to spend another 50 getting it altered still not too bad, the mid section and back box came with gaskets etc just had to get a couple for the Y pipe, the quality of the welds and the gauge of the steel all good, but as you say you pays your money and makes your choice, i'd love a true dual at some point in the future but for the time being this will do the job.

Noticed the aux belt was looking a bit perished and cracked so asked him to change both of them whilst he had it in, theoretically an easy job but nuts on the undertrad all seized so had to remove the strut brace and go in from the top combined with an arm thru the wheel arch liner, he loves me and my "easy"jobs !