Insurance £200 more than all others for a 2005 350z

lonewanderer

Hi, ive been trying to figure out what is going on here, but am unable to figure it out. Basically, I decided on buying a 350z, test drove a few, and finally decided on a 2005 model with 93000 miles on the clock. Pretty standard.

Only, the quotes I am getting for insurance are about £750, whereas all the other z's i checked for insurance are about £520 per year.

The only difference I can tell from the others is that it has a private number plate, which from my research, shouldn't effect the insurance premium.

Ive checked all the details many times, and i'm entering them exactly the same, also in different comparison websites.

At a loss as to why this is occuring, but if anyone could give any advice, or explain it to me, it would be appreciated. Thanks

Ill call the insurance company tomorrow and ask them. As far as im aware its not an import, and when giving the details to the comparison websites its saying its not an import. Strange anyways, hopefully its just an error because im really set on finally buying this z :D

How far in advance were the insurance quotes before? I remember looking for insurance quotes ages ago and saying it would be insured in a months time would be a lot less than insurance you are wanting in 2/3 days

Both my son and daughter learnt this one quickly.

Use an advanced date for the quote and then if different when the correct date is used, email or phone them and you'll get the better quote.