Replacement Hood

Neti

Hi, my 'Z' is ready for a new hood (2005 model). Can anyone recommend a quality repairer in the Lancashire area. There is a firm in Blackpool called Advanced Car Trimmers that does them at a cost o £645 for a vinyl. Has anyone used them & if so were pleased with their work? Thanks.

Neti

Thanks so much for your help guys - I will peruse your recommendations. I must say I am toying with the idea of mohair: the only reason I was going for vinyl is because I live near a lot of trees & one or two people have said the mohair ones may go 'green'?

If you need to change your Roadster hood, it's better to opt for the mohair rather than vinyl, as the mohair is more flexible than vinyl, and won't be susceptible to sticking problems with low temperature operation.

Regular cleaning and sealing of your new hood should avoid tree fallout issues.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with the new hood!

• Like 1

I've just had one fitted by Carhood Warehouse and went for mohair. Looks great, unfortunately the weather hasn't allowed me to actually put the thing down yet!

I notice your car is same color as mine - did you opt for a black hood? I have never really liked the factory blue one that is on currently.

I've just had one fitted by Carhood Warehouse and went for mohair. Looks great, unfortunately the weather hasn't allowed me to actually put the thing down yet!

I notice your car is same color as mine - did you opt for a black hood? I have never really liked the factory blue one that is on currently.

I did indeed.
  • Like 1