What a knob!

RS8055

So just had my Nismo Carbon Fiber gear knob delivered, and fitted it... I have to say, (all puns aside) it's a lot smaller than I anticipated it being! But I suppose you've got to make do with what you have these days... :lol:

Anyways, I need to source a finisher for the bottom side as there is the usual gap between the knob and the gear gaiter. So:

1. Does anyone know where I can buy an aluminium finisher (that isn't from the USA)

2. What do people recommend for a new gear gaiter (preferrably in alcantara) :)

Cheers,

Ryan

I suppose you've got to make do with what you have these days... :lol:

:lol:

1. This I can't help with as I'm missing mine. I've followed this thread to see what others say. For now I've used a zip tie on the inside of the gaiter, and pushed it as far up as possible to keep it from falling down.

2. I bought one from j-f-customs on eBay. Arrived quickly and very happy with mine :)

I suppose you've got to make do with what you have these days... :lol:

:lol:

1. This I can't help with as I'm missing mine. I've followed this thread to see what others say. For now I've used a zip tie on the inside of the gaiter, and pushed it as far up as possible to keep it from falling down.

2. I bought one from j-f-customs on eBay. Arrived quickly and very happy with mine :)

JF Customs ones on eBay... I was actually looking at those. How is the fitment? Easy to install?

I had the same issue with my Nismo leather and i bought one of these

http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Did the job nicely at a bargain price.

That's great... would order one of these, but I see that they want £7.95 shipping to Luxembourg! That is absolutely ridiculous!

Specially when the item in question is £2.50, there's not many items in the sizes required that can be used as a finisher though i found.

Love those gear knobs......😜....... I'm still waiting to replace my tan/orange knob with retrimmed 'like new' black knob purchased from forum.....cannot remove the one in situ for anything.....think mine is welded on...even tried to get guys to help at The Jap show, but no use! They couldn't remove it either! Going to have to sweet talk my mechanics to remove the one in my car....💪ðŸ¼

Love those gear knobs......😜....... I'm still waiting to replace my tan/orange knob with retrimmed 'like new' black knob purchased from forum.....cannot remove the one in situ for anything.....think mine is welded on...even tried to get guys to help at The Jap show, but no use! They couldn't remove it either! Going to have to sweet talk my mechanics to remove the one in my car....💪ðŸ¼

When removing mine I needed a large pair of stilsons to give extra purchase on it but didn't take a lot of pressure with the the bar but I couldn't do it without it.

Sent from my iPad using a hammer and chisel...

Edited by Andy_Muxlow

Love those gear knobs......😜....... I'm still waiting to replace my tan/orange knob with retrimmed 'like new' black knob purchased from forum.....cannot remove the one in situ for anything.....think mine is welded on...even tried to get guys to help at The Jap show, but no use! They couldn't remove it either! Going to have to sweet talk my mechanics to remove the one in my car....💪🏼

Yeah I changed mine over from the burnt orange OEM knob... was so surprised with how small the Nismo is! But then again, everyone has their own opinion of knob sizes............ :lol:

Fact is, loved the look of the carbon fiber one, so searched for months and finally found a good deal to import from Japan :D