Can anyone identify this hissing type noise

cob1980

I've not had my 350 all that long and only driven about 600 miles so far, so I'm still quite paranoid of any odd noises. I know I have the axle clicking issue as it does that now and again (even though the previous owner has rotated the axles and re-greased). Anyway I parked it in the garage as normal yesterday and could hear a faint hissing type noise. I've recorded it on my mobile... probably best listened to with headphones. Seems to be coming from around the diff area. It stopped once I switched off the engine. Didn't trying revving the engine or anything and not used it since.

Here's the vid... hopefully it works

http://vid1323.photobucket.com/albums/u589/cob1980/20160612_195148_zpstvlp2zy5.mp4

Any ideas? Cheers!

I'd say fuel pump as exhaust leak kinda chugs from the exhaust in a pulse as per the firing order.

If it is the fuel pump that's a normal sound. I'm only in Sheldon if you fancy coming by to hear another 350z on idle.

David

Thanks chaps :thumbs:

Yes fuel pump sounds plausible. It's not quite constant, Id say 85%, if you listen carefully it stops for a say a fraction of a second to a second or so.

I'd say fuel pump as exhaust leak kinda chugs from the exhaust in a pulse as per the firing order.

If it is the fuel pump that's a normal sound. I'm only in Sheldon if you fancy coming by to hear another 350z on idle.

David

Thanks David might take you up on that offer, I'll see if it does the same next time I use it (which is dry weekends only!)

:teeth:

Just to add... i'd probably not noticed the noise but i was looking for a leak. Doing a little search I think I have clutch fluid leak. When I took the car out on Saturday i noticed a dry but oily pool on the floor, light yellow, smelt bad, it was about a foot in from the driver side roughly half way along the door. I'll check the level at the weekend. :yuck: