uprev explanation

wilo

could someone please tell me what this uprev is ?

iv just seen a 03 plate advertised nearly same year as mine with uprev remap but i thought the uprev was just HR engines .

so is it poss to have my DE engine mapped to rev another 1000 like the newer model .

sorry for questions I'm new here

Edited by wilo

Uprev is the mapping software http://uprev.com/secure/

More info - http://h-dev.co.uk/350z-and-370z-uprev-remapping/?v=79cba1185463

It means the car has been remapped

The later version is often called the REV-UP , its a revised engine not just a software change

cheers rich .defo getting it done for £399 . just need to see if any Yorkshire based companies can do it at a similar price .might get the milltek swapped first and make sure it does have decats before mapping to get better results ..

Do you think its worth it on an engine with 129000 or should I get a lower milage transplant first ? dont wana be straining an old motor

Do you think its worth it on an engine with 129000 or should I get a lower milage transplant first ? dont wana be straining an old motor

Mapping or tuning doesn't necessarily mean extra strain on the engine, in most cases actually makes for a more smoother, efficient package once "tuned" or "remapped" properly.

Mapping or tuning doesn't necessarily mean extra strain on the engine, in most cases actually makes for a more smoother, efficient package once "tuned" or "remapped" properly.

thats good to hear .

tbh if i get choices i would rather have bottom end and mid range power over top end as I think the 350 is fast enough as is .would also like the rev range altered as far as poss too as I'm used to to high compression revvy engines

In response to the yorkshire bit I believe RStuning in Leeds still offer uprev, they used to be a trader on here but don't seem to have posted anything for a while from what I have noticed.

thanks jowen iv emailed them

Just make sure you do all the mods prior to uprev!!! Its not worth doing otherwise!!

It is worth doing without mods, just won't see as much gains as with mods.

And will have to map it again after mods are fitted.

So yea, if you're planning to do any mods (air intake, exhaust/de-cats, plenum spacer etc) do it before remap to save on a 2nd remap/cost.

• Like 1