VQ35HR Performance Modifications

AdamTSmith350

The cone intakes look and sound nice.

Really, the VQs aren't great engines if you want to bolt on a couple of bits and see a good power gain. I'm planning to do a NA build at some point if funds allow, but realistically the HR is a pretty well optimised engine, so if you want a noticeable power gain you need to plow large amounts of cash into it. Like I said, until you're ready for financial and possibly emotional turmoil, just go with an exhaust that you like the sound of, some drop in air filters and an UpRev remap. The remap will give you nicer throttle response rather than a big power gain though.

so basically, if i get the intake, cats and exhaust done for now, that'll increase it slightly. then save up to fit a sc and forged engine bits?

It'll increase it slightly yes.

The figures don't always paint the whole picture. Get the bolt on parts and then take it to get Uprev tuning and you won't regret it.

The tuning is essential to make the most of those mods mentioned above. It transforms the way the car feels for the better.

I have done some thinking, and ive decided that, if i upgrade my, cats and exhaust then bolt a F/I kit on, i have done some reading between, twin and single turbos and from what i can gather its single for better lower end off the line and twin for a higher top end? is this correct? also i was wondering if anyone knows f and uk sites that sell turbo kits as all i can find are american sites. thanks

I have done some thinking, and ive decided that, if i upgrade my, cats and exhaust then bolt a F/I kit on, i have done some reading between, twin and single turbos and from what i can gather its single for better lower end off the line and twin for a higher top end? is this correct? also i was wondering if anyone knows f and uk sites that sell turbo kits as all i can find are american sites. thanks

See here:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/98901-torqen-torqen-partnerships-with-aam-to-develop-rhd-version-twinturbo-kit