Recommend me some LED side bulbs

Randy_Baton

Just noticed one of my LED side bulbs has gone and the other is flickering. The amazon reviews for replacements are all over the place!

My last ones lasted 2 years so could do with some that'll last a similar time. Getting them in was a right bugger!

I used these ones before although tbh they didn't look the prettiest in the Zed head lamps when you look inside during daylight. :dry::lol:

Worked fine for over a year before I sold the Zed & are fairly cheap so not too bad to replace once a year even if they did go. ;)

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-SIDE-LIGHT-BULBS-CANBUS-ERROR-FREE-T10-501W5W-8-SMD-LED-XENON-WHITE-ICE-BLUE-/161629831750?var=&hash=item25a1e38246:m:me-OTsHfUgJJh0TJ1cv8DZA

Wait & see what other recommendations you get first though before you make up your mind. :thumbs:

I've put osram led's in my sidelights on the 370. I've tried various led's in different cars and found osram to be the best quality.

I've got the 6000k cool white ones, been in over a year with no trouble, they have a 3 year guarantee on them.

They arnt the cheapest but they are well worth spending a few extra pounds on (think they were about £10 for a pair)

• Like 1

Just ordered them and they've arrived - they look a bit small they are w2.1x9.5d is that right. Other threads suggest they need to be 501 but it doesn't state that anywhere on the packet

From what I can find I think it should be the right ones. ;)

These eBay ones I've linked state "w2.1x9.5d" but also say "501": http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-RW501-Bulb-12v-Capless-W2-1x9-5d-Side-Light-and-Tail-Bulbs-/280884577776

I think the only way to know for certain is to get them fitted. You could try one in your boot light first though as a trial because that uses a 501 bulb & will be easier to get at than the 350 Zeds sidelights.

Fyi ~ Remember LED's are polarity sensitive so if it doesn't work the first time then take it out and put it in the other way around. :thumbs: