Import Under-seal

Ricki

Hi guys, haven't been on all week as I got the Z last Friday and haven't got out of it since! What an amazing car!! £200 petrol in 6 days... ouch!

Anyway, quick Q; spoke to my uncle who imported a camper van from Japan... aparently some imports don't have under seal or protection under the car to cope with Uk conditions/salt grit we use on the roads (which aparently erodes the underneath of cars)...

Anyone know if my Z will be ok, or will I need to get something sorted? It's a late 2004.

Thanks,

Ricki

Hey ricki, japans weather is much better than ours so they dont bother with underseal. Dont worry too much, The materials used nowadays are less likely to rust too, i never had mine undersealed for 1.5 years and it still looked as clean as a whistle underneath. Dont panic, if your worried then find a place that will underseal it for you and get it done when you have the time.

Hi Ricki. Depending on who imported your car, some places do it as part of the conversion process. The company i used for my Zed and my Skyline before, had it done, best get yours on a ramp and have a quick gander, you may be lucky ;) If not, i wouldnt have thought it would cost more than £100-150 ish to have done at your garage :thumbs:

I was told my 2005 model was already undersealed as that year model JDM is. It is easy to tell if its been undersealed? I have really seen my car in the daylight yet as its dark when I go to work and dark when I get home!

Thanks guys. Going to ask Autoterminal if it's included in the price, although I paid so little, I doubt it! Might get it done otherwise.

God... I really must get some pics up on my profile... I feel like such an outsider!

:)

Thanks guys. Going to ask Autoterminal if it's included in the price, although I paid so little, I doubt it! Might get it done otherwise.

God... I really must get some pics up on my profile... I feel like such an outsider!

:)

Something to do when you run out of cash for petrol ;)

Hi Ricki. Depending on who imported your car, some places do it as part of the conversion process. The company i used for my Zed and my Skyline before, had it done, best get yours on a ramp and have a quick gander, you may be lucky ;) If not, i wouldnt have thought it would cost more than £100-150 ish to have done at your garage :thumbs:

Hey Dave. Did you ask the guys to do this for you, or did they just do it anyway? I hadn't even considered the question of underseal on the car, it's just something I always took for granted. I'm a bit concerned that because I never raised the subject with Tristan, they might not have bothered with doing it! what do I need to look for under the car?

Carleton

Hey Dave. Did you ask the guys to do this for you, or did they just do it anyway? I hadn't even considered the question of underseal on the car, it's just something I always took for granted. I'm a bit concerned that because I never raised the subject with Tristan, they might not have bothered with doing it! what do I need to look for under the car?

Carleton

When i asked Mike he said its done as part of the conversion for them, so yours should be done also ;)