19' RAYS fitment query

davey_83

Evening all

I've done a search but not much came up. When fitting 370z RAYS 19' wheels to a 350z, why do you need matching Z34 wheel nuts? Also do you need spacers for a UK spec 350z, if so what size?

David

The 370Z Rays have a flat seat in the mounting holes so you need matching flat seat nuts. Using the usual taper seat nuts will end in disaster. No aftermarket flat nuts seem to be available so your only option is to get a set of 370Z nuts.

20mm spacers on the front will bring the wheels out to the same arch gap as the rears will have without spacers so look well balanced, and also clear the Brembo calipers. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I very much doubt you'd get away with no spacers at all. The offsets are a lot higher on 370Z Rays, 47mm outset versus 30mm on 350Z Rays. That combined along with them being 1" wider would suggest to me that clearance issues are very likely although I've not read of anyone not using spacers so can't say for sure.

Edited by roadtrip

Also aftermarket flat seat nuts are available, I bought and fitted them to mine. Cheaper than Nissan ones

I couldn't find any when I was looking, are they similar to the genuine ones or are they available in different colours and finishes?

Also aftermarket flat seat nuts are available, I bought and fitted them to mine. Cheaper than Nissan ones

I couldn't find any when I was looking, are they similar to the genuine ones or are they available in different colours and finishes?

They are similar to genuine ones, I got them from Jeff Foulkes Wheels.