Clear Perspex Instrument Lens

reservoirfrog

Hi, I am looking for the perspex lens covers for the Voltmeter/Oil Pressure/Trip Computer, it is a one piece item which covers all 3 Dials, mine has a hairline crack in it, or does anyone know anywhere which might have one please. I waited 6 Months for one ordered from Nissan, they now say the part number has changed and want silly money for it. I have a 2004 GT but as far as i am aware they are all the same, but i could be wrong. Thank You

Hi Thanks for the Welcome and your replies, I initially ordered one for £48 from nissan back in August, they said it would take a couple of weeks, i kept popping in but no luck, eventually they chased it up and said the part number had changed, they said it would now cost £280 (inc VAT) which i find unbelieveable for a little piece of perspex, but they ordered it anyway, it arrived and did indeed cost £280 for just the perspex. It now sits on the shelf at Westway Nissan Wolverhampton and probably will do for evermore. They refunded me my 48 Quid. Cheers

I'll take it off your hands if reservoirfrog doesn't want it! :thumbs:

:thumbs: I really ought to start selling off all the bits I have acquired over the last couple of years :blush:

I know what you mean, my garage is full of unused car parts from various previous cars! :lol:

It's not too hard to do. I have to take mine out again sometime soon so can do a full WIP if you want.

Basically though, you have to take the gearlever surround out first and then the main center console comes out by pulling at the top behind the gauge pods. Should just unclip at the top and unscrew at the bottom below the headunit :thumbs:

Thanks, and thanks for all the replies, i'm buying the S/H unit from lomoto so that should sort it, next job will be working out how to dismantle all the Plastics without buggering them up! Cheers Dave

Part sent out Dave, I'll leave to you to dismantle though , looks a tricky job,,:lol:

mind you a photo guide would be good when you tackle it :thumbs: