I maybe coming back - Advise needed

steve_jones

Hi all,

I parted with my 04 Zed many years ago which was a big mistake, but now I maybe coming back as got a little piggy bank set aside for a new toy ..

Now I see things have changed in the intervening years with the face lifts and new engines,

My dilemma is I will have around 5-6 k to spend ( maybe a little more)

I do not want a car that has done silly miles so is it better to get a older spec car with fewer miles maybe a "rev up" version depending on the year or a newer engine version with higher mileage, but then i read about oil seals failing and clutch cylinders being a pain to get to

Any thoughts

Steve

Oh this was my previous car in all its glory ..

post-87-135011845175_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

It sounds obvious and not meant as condescending but buy the best condition car your budget allows, i wouldnt worry too much what year, mileage (so long as its average or thereabouts) and you wont get an hr for anywhere near £6k more like £8k so its either a de or rev up :)

• Like 1

DE time for you sir.

Buy on condition, not on mileage. A 10K 10 year old car is never the bargain you think, a 70k one is far less likely to give you problems. These cars have now hit the point where mileage isn't the driving factor into whether they're a good buy or not.

I find with most DE Z's while you can buy them for 5k you will more than likely end up having to put money into it (clutch, tyres and general maintenance etc)

For example mine is well looked after and I'd never sell it for less than 6 thousand even with 80k miles on it.

Edit - Lovely looking Z you had by the way B)

Edited by nowhereboy
  • Like 1