Zedrush

Would you Nos your 350z?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you Nos your 350z?

• Yes definatly if had the money
    • No waste of money
    • No damage engine to much
    • Yes but no but yes but no dont know

Whilst wanting more power and problem with finding best way to tune ecu with possible further problems in the future of upkeep, it came into mind the possibility of Nos, great article written here too:

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218158

what are your thoughts,

75bhp on tap, not much to refil, less headache of upkeep???

Anyone had any experience with nos or had it installed?

Is it worth considering for a bit of fun or waste of money?

Your thoughts :thumbs:

I did a lot of research with the Wizard of Nos - sounds cheesy but they were the people that did the Jag that featured on Top Gear...... ;)

If I didn't have to worry about the prospect of potentially blowing it up and the insurance issues, I would definitely do it. ie if money were no object! :thumbs:

Thought it was now illegal to NOS you car on the public highway???

.......hence my comment on insurance issues. It is not illegal to use it. Depending whether you are insured appropriately, it is illegal to carry it. Or at least that was the state of affairs when I was looking into it..... :wacko:

Spoke to Big Phil, he said the amount of engines that he has had to sort out after abuse of NOS he wouldnt personally recommend it. Considering his experience, I think his opinion is totally justified. Shame though, always loved the idea of having nos :blush:

http://www.akamoto.co.uk/resource-faq.htm

Seems not legal to use on road :(

http://www.noswizard.com/products_new.p ... fb7afe3267

Seems is legal to use on road. It is a minefield..... :)

Defo a minefield especially if you confuse NOS with Nitro :headhurt:

What do you mean Liam? NOS is nitrous oxide (laughing gas). EDIT - see what you mean, as in Nitro fuel!

The Nos Wizard gurantees your engine, that's how confident he is of it.

As I said in my first post, I would if I had more cash to not have to worry if it went bang. Ultimately though, I didn't do it. ;)

Rob

"Q) What is the difference between Nitrous oxide and Nitro or are they the same?

A) Many people confuse nitrous oxide with nitro because the term nitro is often used to abbreviate nitrous oxide. However nitro was first used as an abbreviation for the fuel nitro methane. Nitro methane is a fuel used by top class Drag cars and is in no way similar or linked to nitrous oxide. In fact they couldn’t be more different, as nitro methane is a flammable fuel, while nitrous oxide is a non-flammable oxidiser. "

Rob

"Q) What is the difference between Nitrous oxide and Nitro or are they the same?

A) Many people confuse nitrous oxide with nitro because the term nitro is often used to abbreviate nitrous oxide. However nitro was first used as an abbreviation for the fuel nitro methane. Nitro methane is a fuel used by top class Drag cars and is in no way similar or linked to nitrous oxide. In fact they couldn’t be more different, as nitro methane is a flammable fuel, while nitrous oxide is a non-flammable oxidiser. "

;) Edited my post.

It is worrying! :lol: Clearly original members of the genius cru! :wacko:

Wizard of Nos guarentee the engine? How long for, until it goes bang? :headhurt:

When I was speaking to them, it cost £1 per bhp shot you took. But they only ever started you with tiny additional power and you had to take the car to them for them to make sure everything was running as it should be before giving you anything more than that. :)