Nismo kit..relatively happy but not 100%

Miller350z

So I wanted to modify my car a bit and couldn't decide what to get. I really wanted the nismo look but it was quite a bit of money. So I bought a mines replica lip, a rear diffuser and was going to go for side steps. I then found a good deal on a aftermarket nismo kit so I bought it. I was having my new kitchen fitted at the time ran out of money so I just sold the nismo kit. I then spent a couple of weeks regretting selling it, but by selling it is knew this is what I really wanted. I was mad at myself and a bit depressed so I put in a load of overtime and bought a nismo v1 kit from rt performance, who did the bumper, skirts and spats for £455 delivered. The kit came I unwrapped the skirts and the quality looked loads better then the previous kit so I was happy. I had already bought a genuine plastic nismo spoiler which from what I have read the plastic nismo is what they sold to the American market. The bonnet had corroded on the edges so I got that done, also someone scuffed my rear bumper so also had that repaired. Unfortunately I had to have my boot done as well as the paint shop said it wouldn't look right. So had my front and rear bumper, skirts, spats, spoiler fitted and painted, boot painted and bonnet painted. They then machine polished the rest of the car. The cost of this was £900. So here's the before and after then I'll post the bits I'm not 100% sure onpost-24756-146252875897_thumb.jpgpost-24756-146252877872_thumb.jpgpost-24756-146252879524_thumb.jpgpost-24756-146252880984_thumb.jpgpost-24756-146252882511_thumb.jpgpost-24756-146252884359_thumb.jpgpost-24756-146252890042_thumb.jpgpost-24756-146252891608_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers Mike, although I am a bit of a perfectionist and there are a few bits I'm not 100% happy with. Don't know if it's the kit or the fitting. But at the same time look at what I paid, a genuine nismo kit sold on here the other day for £1600! So I could've been paying a load more. I don't want anyone to rip it bits as has happened to another couple of threads lately. From certain angles the paint match looks spot on and from others it doesn't but then I know it sometimes looks different depending on what the parts are made of. And this has alloy, fibreglass, plastic and steel so I'm aware it'll never be 100% the same

Obviously looks much better after a load of paint and a machine polish and the N1's from RTP are supposed to be very good, however, it may just be the angle, but is the bonnet gap a little off? Looks to be a bigger gap at the drivers side.

I'm also pretty sure that the spoiler isn't genuine from the way it's sitting up high like that, the tips should virtually touch the wings. Could be on wrong, though.

Alright kyle, yes mate 2 things that I noticed which is 2 things I wasn't happy with. It tuned out the car had had a knock on the front drivers side, when I went to have a look the guy showed me and the headlight washer jet was smashed and actually the nozzle was glued in place but the gap wasn't as bad before so I think that's one thing that needs looking at. The spoiler, I've heard loads of people say that so as soon as I saw it is thought that's not right but nothing to do with fitment. Although I am 100% sure it's genuine nismo. It got the part number on it when it was manufactured not just put on afterwards and it's plastic not fibreglass. I checked it out thoroughly when I bought it but like you say I am a bit confused about it

I think it looks good, though as you say, perhaps not entirely perfect. I have a factory fitted Nismo kit and the tips of the rear spoiler very nearly touch the boot lid, only a small piece of foam separate the two so I think yours is a reproduction. Still looks good though and not many would pick up on these things I doubt

Thanks Jay, it doesn't look bad I suppose. The spoiler is genuine nismo usdm. Which when I bought it is thought it would touch but it's only the jdm one that does. Looks like it's been debated a few times before, check this out https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/37924-genuine-nismo-v1-rear-spoiler-sold/&ved=0ahUKEwjeqq_ossXMAhUCIcAKHSmuDjwQFghEMAo&usg=AFQjCNEatNKphfWUZ8rbd_b13AMEYlFzKA

Thanks Jay, it doesn't look bad I suppose. The spoiler is genuine nismo usdm. Which when I bought it is thought it would touch but it's only the jdm one that does. Looks like it's been debated a few times before, check this out https://www.google.c...bd_b13AMEYlFzKA

Good spot, mate. Everyday is a school day on here :)