eml has just come on :-(

reeces555

So I had some decats fitted over a week ago and after reading up on it I knew there was a chance the cel would come on but after having them fitted bonus no light! Driving to work today and cel has come on....anyone know if its happened to anyone where there has been a delay where cel comes on or do we think im looking at another issue? Oh and wheres best to go to get the fault code read? Ive looked at the pedal dance thing but dont fancy my chances of doing it right!

It's not unusual for a delay, as it can take a few cycles to decide it's not happy. You'll see on here people clear them and they go away for a while before reappearing, same thing. If you're going to be getting it regularly I'd forget the pedal dance and splash £20 on a code reader which will also reset, so you can easily check and clear the CEL in future. They're cheap and super useful.

Cheers stu, cars going to a friends garage hopefully next week while I'm holiday to check and be safe but if it is that then I will get a fault reader as the light will drive me nuts staying on!

always panic seeing that light on any car!

If you don't solve the problem, the light will always come back on. You're going to need to either refit the cats, or more easily just get a couple of O2 sensor extenders for your decats.

• Like 1