370 akabono brakes on 350 - space saver

GeorgeB

Hi,

I've got a 350, with 370 akabono's fitted. If possible I'd like to be able to get the space saver on. Can anyone tell me what sized spacer I'd need to do that? Assuming I can of course!

Also, am I right in thinking that the space saver should never go on the back? i.e. if there is a problem with the back, you put a front on there and the space saver on the front?

Thanks

From memory a 25mm spacer clears them .... Or was it 15mm ?

But dont think the 350 spacer saver clears the front calipers whatever ..... Then you have the issue of swopping the rear tyre to the front and putting the spacer and spare wheel on the back ......

The problem then is that your 285 tyre and offset 20 rear wheel will make a right mess of your front arch due to the lowered suspension

I was going to buy a extra 19" rota alloy , whack a cheap tyre ( 245 section ) and store it at home .... Worse case , get a puncture , call wife to bring spare :)

I'll be doing a trip round Europe later this year, so calling the other half isn't really an option here! :)

I thought you couldn't put the space saver on the back? In which case I wouldn't need to worry about putting the 285 on the front. Or have I got it the wrong way around?

On my old 350 HR the 17" steel space saver would fit on the front or rear. (brembo brakes).

With the OEM set up on my old 350 (from memory), doesn't the wider rear wheel have a locating lug that fits the rear hub, but won't fit on the front hub because there are no holes there?

On my 370 I have obtained an OEM 18" alloy space saver, which fits either front or rear.

[i will dig out a piccy and specs]

image_zps69gkpjsz.jpeg

WP_20150815_16_02_16_Pro_zpsfsvye8rv.jpg

Wheel - [part No.] 40300JK00B ... £149

Tyre - 145/70/R18 107M ... £65 [good luck finding one]

Edited by Shenley
  • Like 1