Question for Kev.......5th Gear

steve_b

Kev,

What was the quickest......even with the aero drag of the roof and door falling off.

Seems in the right hands (not mine) the car is a monster if it can beat an exige by 2.5 secs.

Hello......

Well what do you expect. 350 kg lighter was hardly a fair fight.... :lol:

It would have been better to see a pro driver such as Plato doing it. VBH had problems last time apparently and Tiff beat her lap by over 1 second. She did say the Exige was quicker in the wet too.

She also got the lauch control all wrong. You don't have to turn the engine off and she should have set the the launch revs. So all she did was hit the rev limiter as the default is max revs, so it was all wheel spin and pointless.

If anyone wants to see it again see link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JldoEhkWZ1w

PS The CSR was awsome. I assume 260 bhp?

Your forget that the normal 7 driver is middle-aged with a spread to match, where as the average Exige is a wipper snapper lightweight (not to mention the speed responce of an 18 year to a 40 year old). But still it will always be lighter.

Stupid for them to test with the hood on as plastic and poppers will never work at 120mph. She just did not want to mess her hair up, but she should really be wearing a helmet.

As for the wet you know where I am coming from, after comments about you doing a spin recently and me not keen doing wet track days.

Your forget that the normal 7 driver is middle-aged with a spread to match, where as the average Exige is a wipper snapper lightweight (not to mention the speed responce of an 18 year to a 40 year old). But still it will always be lighter.

Stupid for them to test with the hood on as plastic and poppers will never work at 120mph. She just did not want to mess her hair up, but she should really be wearing a helmet.

As for the wet you know where I am coming from, after comments about you doing a spin recently and me not keen doing wet track days.

I'd rather be in a front engine rear drive car in the wet. I've been out in the wet at Donington in the Cossie and it's good fun tail happy stuff. The Exige is all grip grip grip..........whoops no grip spin... :scare:

I'm 77 kgs BTW...how about you Steve... ;) Reactions times are crap though... :lol:

Well unless you are around 300 kgs you and your Caterham should be lighter than my porky pig Exige..... :lol:

Just bought a race battery though which will save me 5 kg... :blush:

Will not be long before I weight more than the car.

I'm 77 kgs BTW...how about you Steve... ;) Reactions times are crap though... :lol: