B$%tards got me !!!!!

shire350Z

frontofcar.jpg

just pulled up at the side off the road and who pulls up ....... the feds!!! done me for the number plates!!! i know the spacings not right but its hardly unreadable!!! :rant:

best thing about it is, is iv got to change the Z at the side and the border with shire'c in!!! and then get the certificate stamped by a MOT approved testing station!!! :rant:

so went to a local garage and they said yes change the lettering but the Z and border are fine!!!!! we'd pass it with those on!!! can see what will happen ill change the lettering and get done again!!! mind least garage have approved it!!!:rant:

It will just make the number plate look crap S111 REC :rant:

O, well just had to get that off my chest!!! :lol:

It doesn't matter if you or I can read it, you most likely got pulled over because the police automatic number plate reader couldn't pick it up. Unlucky, though but at least if you get pulled over once you have changed it and got it approved then you can show them the certificate if you get pulled again.

sorry but what did you expect. You knew you were braking the law when you put the plate on or in fact when you purchased it.

tough I know but If it helps stop cars driving around with no insurance, tax and alike then I'm for it.

sorry but what did you expect. You knew you were braking the law when you put the plate on or in fact when you purchased it.

tough I know but If it helps stop cars driving around with no insurance, tax and alike then I'm for it.

+1, i like the idea that cars can be picked up and instantly connected to the database and everything can be checked. Also if it was stolen, the reader would not pick up your car number plate, thus the police may not stop them to question or check out the car as they could not match it to their records.

no what annoys me is that i see loads of bmw's, ranger rovers, porshe's!! with illegal number plates on them and been drivin round for ages !! nothing to do with the number plate recognition machine as i asked him and it picks it up fine!!

M13KYF u a copper in disguise :lol:

watch it beavis i was pi$$ed then remember :lol

+1, i like the idea that cars can be picked up and instantly connected to the database and everything can be checked. Also if it was stolen, the reader would not pick up your car number plate, thus the police may not stop them to question or check out the car as they could not match it to their records.

whatever you 2, bullsh1t....

whats happened here is it couldn't be distinguished by the police, thus pulled him, so that when the gatso's zap him they can dish the fine out more easily

whats happened here is it couldn't be distinguished by the police, thus pulled him, so that when the gatso's zap him they can dish the fine out more easily

+1

You got away lightly.

Derbyshire Constabulary, and particularly those in and around Chestrfield appear to have little else to do but hand out fixed penalty notices for slightly iffy number plates.

Ive been done twice for differing plates on cars, and both were even more ligible than yours.

As long as it is legible by the ANPR system then you should be fine - though I doubt even that will be good enough for the feds in our neck of the woods.

Lets not worry about the level of antisocial behaviour taking place in Chesterfield, and the ludicrous level of vandalism of public property, as long as your number plate is corrected, I feel my tax pennies have not gone to waste.

Just take it on the chin, get the plate changed to something that is closer to the law, and fingers crossed the boys in blue in Chesterfield come up with something a little more productive to do.

The problem is the stats in Derbyshire - detecting your crime and issuing you with the notice to correct is now recorded as "crime detected - crime resolved". Whereas "trying" to find the culpits of the smashed car windows or vandalised bus shelters, doesnt acheive their targets.

you should watch car wars. Police are regularly shown where they have pulled a car up using APR as they have no tax, insurance or stolen

I watched something on TV the otherday where police were working on the motorway and pulled some kid from the car cos he didnt pay for petrol and they thought the car was stolen. The police proper man handled him I thought, and the kid was not threatening him in the slightest, I thought to myself if that was me the police would find himself head first in his front windscreen and ill just say self defence :teeth:

I watched something on TV the otherday where police were working on the motorway and pulled some kid from the car cos he didnt pay for petrol and they thought the car was stolen. The police proper man handled him I thought, and the kid was not threatening him in the slightest, I thought to myself if that was me the police would find himself head first in his front windscreen and ill just say self defence :teeth:

Sorry mate, don't agree!! A thief is a thief....imo they should get him in the back of a police van and give him a good kicking. Bit of down to earth street justice is what this country needs. No doubt he got away with a telling off and a rather sought after ASBO or some nonsense like that.

im hardly a criminal!!

they said the lettering, caps were ok and werent that fussed about the Z and border and MOT place said they'd pass it so ill just get the lettering done see what happens!! not that much for another plate

Just so you know from start to finish your plate is illegal. Obviously this copper doesn't know what he's on about, either that or he's setting u up for a fall!!!

Im all for the ANPR system being used to catch folk, and I presume thats why this plate got stopped.

Though in my experience the un taxed, uninsured motors stopped in the TV shows are almost invariably 1989 Vauhall Astras with bits dropping off, or 1992 ford mondeos with different coloured doors and a rattling exhaust.