Exhaust Starting to Blow

Dicky

Just noticed the exhaust sounds a bit raspier than normal and assume the back box might be leaking somewhere. Anyone recommend a company offering reasonable priced parts?

The best dealer price so far is £395 and the from other is Kwick Fit at £320 fitted incl vat

I live in Newcastle upon Tyne

Cheers Dicky

Just noticed the exhaust sounds a bit raspier than normal and assume the back box might be leaking somewhere. Anyone recommend a company offering reasonable priced parts?

The best dealer price so far is £395 and the from other is Kwick Fit at £320 fitted incl vat

I live in Newcastle upon Tyne

Cheers Dicky

Hi Dicky, I'm in Newcastle too. I`ll probably see you going the other way on the A1 some time :) (combined speed of ever 200 I expect :lol:.

Sooo... I get a Nismo and you pay me a bit for my old exhaust? Tempting :)

PS. Do NOT get a Kwak fit special :scare: They may fit but they are not original, are often detrimental to the performance and sound, and may not even have the chrome tips!

Well to be honest I wasn’t thinking about an old one, but thanks for the thought, The ebay item’s what I’m after but since my car’s an 04 with 30K on it I think this one might be a little close to death itself.

I’m off to Tyre Spot in the morning to have it checked and see where the problem actually is.

By the way, rang C.E.S in Chester, their delivered price incl vat is £281. That would leave me £114 to have it fitted---might do it myself and go out for a good drink on what’s left.

What colour car do you have Toon Chris I’ll keep an eye open for it, mines gunmetal. Just look for a devastatingly handsome, highly intelligent but slightly numerically challenged body driving it and that’ll be me :teeth:

Dicky

Well to be honest I wasn’t thinking about an old one, but thanks for the thought, The ebay item’s what I’m after but since my car’s an 04 with 30K on it I think this one might be a little close to death itself.

I’m off to Tyre Spot in the morning to have it checked and see where the problem actually is.

By the way, rang C.E.S in Chester, their delivered price incl vat is £281. That would leave me £114 to have it fitted---might do it myself and go out for a good drink on what’s left.

What colour car do you have Toon Chris I’ll keep an eye open for it, mines gunmetal. Just look for a devastatingly handsome, highly intelligent but slightly numerically challenged body driving it and that’ll be me :teeth:

Dicky

dont pay Nissan to fit it if you are going to buy a OEM one. Go to TDI North in warrington. Labour is half of what it is at Nissan. Should cost £49 to fit

Dicky

Tyre Spot - good fellas, I go there for my tyres.

I've an 04 Azure Blue, very shiny for 5 minutes yesterday after polishing, then a bird cacked on it and the heavens opened :dry:

A numerically challenged body? Are you puny, 12 or both :lol:

Dicky

I wouldnt dismiss the used one out of hand , my exhaust hanging in the garage is from my 02 vehicle and still is like new with no corrosion visible.. :thumbs:

if the one sells on Ebay for less than £30 it's a bargain..in fact I may get it it's sooo cheap :lol:

Dicky

dont pay Nissan to fit it if you are going to buy a OEM one. Go to TDI North in warrington. Labour is half of what it is at Nissan. Should cost £49 to fit

do you recomend TDI to do the p 1...2...3 servicing.......... :)

Dicky

I wouldnt dismiss the used one out of hand , my exhaust hanging in the garage is from my 02 vehicle and still is like new with no corrosion visible.. :thumbs:

if the one sells on Ebay for less than £30 it's a bargain..in fact I may get it it's sooo cheap :lol:

Agreed :thumbs:

i went to TDI-North and they did an excellent job, very thorough, customer friendly and fairly priced. also seemed to know what they were talking about, but it doesn't take much to baffle me. . .

i'd recommend them. :thumbs:

i went to TDI-North and they did an excellent job, very thorough, customer friendly and fairly priced. also seemed to know what they were talking about, but it doesn't take much to baffle me. . .

i'd recommend them. :thumbs:

where did you get your car from mate???

where did you get your car from mate???

me? i got it from Arnold Clark in Salford but it was on show in the Warrington branch. i've since serviced it properly and TDI fully checked it before the 30 day Arnold Clark warranty expired. :thumbs: