RHD Headlights from Taiwan

gort

Here's the review I did for another member a couple of weeks ago.

They are definitely good looking lights and the price is very inviting. No import charges too as they sent as $20 gift. Unfortunately they do come with problems. I've had them just over 3 years now and have been happy-ish.

I went for the CCFL halos with 8000k HIDs. The HIDs arrived as 6500K, no biggie.

When they took the light apart to install the halos and HIDs they used grey sealant on the headlight cover when returning. Tbh it's hard to notice unless looking very closely with the bonnet up but I know it's there.

The lamps are a pig to adjust and no instructions. At first it looks like the beam can't be adjusted but there are actually two 10mm bolts that look like they are holding it together.

They worked and looked perfect for about 2 1/2 years. First issue I had was condensation after washing as both covers developed very small leaks. If I'm careful though I can avoid it. Second issue is the UV protection started stripping so had to polish off and redo. Third was the left hand HID ballast giving up. Replaced both sides with upgraded HID setups for £80. And fourth was last week when one if the ballasts for the LED strip lights packed up and they started strobing. I will replace soon.

In a nutshell, they are good and bad. I've had problems but that doesn't mean you will. The ballasts could have been installed poorly and the water damage entirely my fault but the signs weren't there and the parts are not exactly quality. They do look good, modernise the car and add that extra detail but you get what you pay for which is why I can't complain too much about the problems.

Also worth noting that they only plug and play for JDM cars with a 6 pin connector. Another reason I went for them. UK cars have an 8 pin.

Just after fitting pic

2015-07-12%2020.38.27_zpsrxhjhq4j.jpg

Hope this helps you make up your mind :thumbs: I was undecided for ages before taking a punt.

• Like 1

Fitting is very easy. Bumper off, which is several bolts disconnecting from the undertray and the wings and then three bolts for each light unit :thumbs: oh and the push clips at the top of the bumper

Edited by ZedManTID

I have a UK car, so where would I get a 6 pin plug from?

If you fit 6 pin you will lose your auto headlight levelling.

Cheap eBay tat, best to avoid unless you want continual grief.

Just saying.

Agreed. Look good but defo fall into the category of cheap eBay tat. I took a punt and tbh wish I hadn't

:lol: sorry!

If I were you I would stick with standard UK lights. I am forced to live with my decision so try and stay positive about the problems but in reality they are headlights and shouldn't requure repairing for years if at all. That said, just because I have had problems doesn't mean you will

• Like 1

:lol: sorry!

If I were you I would stick with standard UK lights. I am forced to live with my decision so try and stay positive about the problems but in reality they are headlights and shouldn't requure repairing for years if at all. That said, just because I have had problems doesn't mean you will

Nissan are asking silly money, thought these could be a good bet

I'd rather have a set of USA lhd depos than those personally.

They look really cheap.

trouble is they are LHD only

I know, but I'd still rather have them adjusted than the others.

It's easy to ruin/cheapen the look of a z with some of the lights on eBay.

I wanted to upgrade mine to later ones but even the price used is ridiculous.

Price of parts is the only downside with the z.

Edited by Kev

I'll get my post count up and bite :lol:

Nearly all the Zed ebay lights are without a doubt made on the cheap, hence the prices, but I have to disagree they all look 'nasty'. Randoms and zed owners have gone out of their way to compliment what I got. Would anyone compliment standard? They may break easily but look better than factory imo

I'll get my post count up and bite :lol:

Nearly all the Zed ebay lights are without a doubt made on the cheap, hence the prices, but I have to disagree they all look 'nasty'. Randoms and zed owners have gone out of their way to compliment what I got. Would anyone compliment standard? They may break easily but look better than factory imo

I'm sure 99% of owners would much rather have standard.

I think you would do well to find anyone on here who thinks they look better than standard TBH.

They look very cheap and toy like IMO, but if you like them and get compliments that's fine. Don't be offended by other people's opinion.

I don't think they all look "nasty". The depo ones look good.

Edited by Kev

I'm not getting offended, just having a bit of fun bud :thumbs: I'd have to be extremely naive to think pretty much everyone shares my taste and opinion.

99%, now that is one hell of an assumption ;)

Check the thread below for a few other owners I'd be hard to find liking them. Also saw three zeds at shows last year with them fitted...

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/99246-aftermarket-headlights/

Edited by ZedManTID

I honestly don't think 99% is a assumption.

Wouldn't you rather have OEM lights yourself? That goes for any modern car not just a 350z.

I assumed you bought them because new ones are extortionately priced. Not because you preferred them.

My taste is admittedly very reserved compared to many on here. Getting boring in my old age.

I genuinely do prefer them as I like the style/look, the functionality is vastly improved and more importantly to me, the originality. If they were OEM quality I'd take them everytime and would personally class as an upgrade.

Now you definitely think I'm crazy :lol: Been good chatting with you :thumbs:

• Like 1