2002 import no crank no start

Reece350z

So after all my bad luck with this car it's got worse!

2002 Nissan 350z fairlady auto with approx 87000miles

The sump was leaking so took it off and resealed it all.. So that's the oil leak fixed.

Went to start it up and nothing what so ever.. The starter wasn't turning or even clicking can just hear a lot of different beeping by the throttle body..

Doesn't stop but never heard it before this problem?

Tested the battery with load and tested fine

So took the starter off and tested it on the bench and it works fine but couldn't hear the solenoid clicking as it should?

Tested the starter relay and checked all fuses and they're all okay.

Tried putting an earth right from the battery to the starter to eliminate any earthing issues and still nothing

However when I checked the negative connector which runs towards the starter motor I don't get a voltage while cranking. Is that NATS?

Also doesn't display the gear-lever position on the dash with ignition on but can't remember if it did or not before it, it's currently a black screen.

Has it forget the key after having battery disconnected for a week or so?

It has what I think is an aftermarket immobiliser with a fob you push in.. Not sure if that's standard.

Does anyone have any ideas where to look next?

Did it start OK before you did the sump leak?

If so, can't help feeling you may have lost the engine earth connection to the chassis. I have experienced that issue when the earth cable had basically part-rotted and movement eventually lost its effectiveness.

It took a while cranking to start but got there eventually!

The earth band? From the block to chassis?

That's there.. I ran a big cable from the negative terminal to the starter bolt and it still didn't work.

Edited by Reece350z

Tested from ignition switch to starter relay, getting 12v there.. So it's not my ignition switch.

Tested continuity from starter relay terminal to the connector for the starter solenoid and it's okay.

Swapped and tested relays around and still no crank no start.

I'm struggling to find the TCM I think it's inside the gearbox sump?

I'm almost certain now it's the PNP switch but I can't find that unless it's what the green connecter goes into on the side of the gearbox.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do next?

Thanks