care

debsterh

Everyone will tell you to use vpower or any other premium unleaded because that what the zed is tuned for and your going to get the best out of you.

But on the other hand my friend has had a zed for 2 years and only ever put basic unleaded in it and never had any issues what so ever.

No idea about oil but there is a good reason to use super unleaded. Can't remember the exact specifics but it's something to do with the engine higher in the rev range and potential damage that can be done using fuel with a low Ron. Someone will be along soon to explain no doubt but I've only use used super in mine and wouldn't use normal fuel

Isn't the fuel issue about predetonation? Lower RON fuels combust quicker than is desirable for higher reving \ temperature engines - RON 97 etc are far more stable at higher temperatures.

Either way, the 350z manual says to use RON 96 so use that or better.

So is there any difference between using BP ultimate or shell V power? I've always used ultimate in my 370z, as the nearest shell garage is a good 30mins drive away whereas BP is just down the road.

If I started filling up at shell, the tank would be half empty by the time I got home again :)