Looking to upgrade

sianny

Very happy with my Mtecs (a trader on here)

I'm also happy with mine. I believe they're the OEM discs rebranded (and drilled/grooved etc if that option's selected)

I went with the standard brembo pads. Came as a deal from mtec on ebay. At the time it was £300 all in!

If you really want to 'upgrade', drilled discs will crack sooner so I would go dimpled and grooved. They look class too.

Plenty of threads on here about which brake pads to use for what etc

Edited by bizizl

• 3 weeks later...

I have fitted MTEC drilled and grooved discs. Combined with Ferodo Premier FDB1561 front and FDB1562 rear pads.

There is a noticeable improvement over the stock Brembos for road use with good initial bite and progressive braking power, wet or dry.

They look good too.

I never had a problem with drilled discs cracking in my racing days, and I'm not worried about it now.

Mercedes fit drilled discs to their SLK sports cars, so I guess they don't consider cracking a problem either.

If these are the same as what MTEC are selling on their site then this seems a good price for all around the car considering it comes with a set of pads.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-350-z-MTEC-Dimpled-Grooved-Black-Brake-Discs-Front-Rear-Brembo-Pads-/400753590728?hash=item5d4ec681c8:g:fa4AAOSwGiRTrXl4

Without even shopping around that seems decent.