Road/ Track Upgrade

FooFighter

I've been running the tried and tested DBA T3 disc and Ferodo DS2500 pad combo for a few years now and have generally been very happy with it for general road use and the four or five track days I tend to do a year. However, I've found on my past few track days that this set-up is not really keeping up with the demands I am putting it under. Also, I am thinking about making some suspension upgrades which I am hoping will increase speeds (and braking demands).

I need some new discs and pads to replace the ones I killed off at Anglesey at the weekend.

Looking through the threads on this topic, I am thinking that Performance Friction or Carbon Lorraine are probably the way to go. Would be great to hear about people's experiences of either (or both) and which PF and CL compounds are likely to be best for mainly road use with a bit of track.

Also, PF discs and pads sounds like an obvious combo, but it would be interesting to hear of experiences of using CL pads with different discs.

Many thanks

Used CL RC05+ with standard Brembo discs and was pretty astonished by them, understand the PF's are in the same zone. Pads will make a lot more difference than discs, Id stick with the discs youve got and make the decision when you need to :)

Weird, I didnt find mine noisy at all. How did you bed them in, the new pads on my bimmer are a bit noisy after catching fire during bedding in .......... :scare::lol:

I'll do them again but I pretty much did the 60-ish down to 10 x 8-10 times.

I didn't bother with any copper grease or shims.

Thanks guys, the RC5s sound like what I am looking for performance-wise. The different experiences of noise are interesting. I've sometimes found the DS2500s a bit noisy until they've done a track day to really bed them in. Getting the pads to catch fire sounds a bit extreme though!

I had PF pads on my Alfa GTV V6 before. Great pad for fast road driving and no squeal either with hardly any dust.

Best brakes I have come across on a car (other than TVR Sagaris brakes which where non ABS and had endless feel and bite).

Never done any track time on the PF, but heard they were great on track too. I know the Z is a different car/setup but would happily recommend PF any day of the week. :teeth:

Im on pf01 amd very happy with them, have used carbon lorraine in tje past and love them. I recommended them to Doc and Rob :)

Once these pf01 are done ill be gping carbon lorraine, my experience is the same as Robs, theyre noisy but I also didnt care as I wanted amazing brakes for track.

They need to be run with a fluid that can handle high temps though, I run superblue or typ200 as its now called.