Braided/Insulated Clutch hose

Dave6188

So I bled my clutch out 3 months ago as it felt a bit spongey, I used Motul RBF600 fluid, it felt better afterwards. Check all of my fluids regularly and noticed clutch fluid looks like crap again ! Gone dark in colour.

Question is will a braided insulated clutch hose help cure this or make the clutch feel any better ? I noticed the line runs close to the exhaust so must get a lot of heat soak. Anyone done this and noticed a difference at all ?

HR Z if it makes a difference.

Just ordered a braided, insulated hose from Clark Motorsport and some more Motul RBF600, If I get a chance I will fit & bleed at weekend and post results incase anyone else is curious or thinking of doing the same thing.

• Like 1

Just ordered a braided, insulated hose from Clark Motorsport and some more Motul RBF600, If I get a chance I will fit & bleed at weekend and post results incase anyone else is curious or thinking of doing the same thing.

Hope you told them that it is an HR.

• 2 weeks later...

Got hold of a braided/insulated hose from Clark Motorsport all in cost £31.00 delivered and some more Motul RBF600, fitted the new hose on my driveway in the pouring rain with my dad sat in the car pumping the clutch pedal whilst I used a Vacuum Bleed to get any air out.

Drove the car with no noticeable difference whatsoever, not took it for a long run yet to get it properly upto temperature where hopefully fitted the new hose should pay dividends, well here's hoping anyway !

Took the car on a proper run out today, mixed conditions from backroads to motorway to traffic and the clutch now has a consistent biting point even when fully upto temperature,can't ask anymore from a product, exactly what I was after. Fluid should wear a lot better aswell as it's kept a lot cooler. Definitely worthwhile.

• Like 1