03 Headlight DRL Mod and Remove Reflector?

FallenAngelX

Hey all, relatively new to this forum but had my Z for a while. I have 2 questions that i would really appreciate some help with before i proceed further

1. I have a 2003 350z, the front headlight has an orange reflector. Will removing this have any detrimental / negative effect in terms of the amount of light that is output from the headlight, or the way it is reflected?

2. I want DRL's but am not a fan of the side reflector mod, i actually want them in the headlight. Obviously the headlight has to be opened and resealed, resealing seems to be the most important thing.

Is there anything i am missing, would it be as simple as obtaining the relevant LED strips, adhesiving them in the light, and wiring up?

Thank you

Examples of the kind of DRL i am after below

3_zpspsfvepz7.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-60CM-FLEXIBLE-TUBE-White-Amber-Car-Headlight-LED-Strip-DRL-Daytime-Run-Lights-/311403776359?hash=item48811c8967:g:x-4AAOSwyQtVp5aW

Orange reflector inside the headlights can be removed and you'll probably left with a silver strip (if I remember correctly). I've seen someone remove them here before. And also, since you'll be baking your headlights to disassembled them to remove the orange strip, you can also include your desired DRL into the headlights......kill 2 birds with one stone...Few here in this forum have baked their headlights, taking them apart and installing them halo angle lights. Just make sure you don't over bake them. And finally, just simply wire them up. You might need to buy a module/controller to a.) DRL lights up when engine starts b.) DRL will dim once side lights/dipped lights switched on (chances it will fail MOT and stopped by police as this is needed legally)

Edited by veeg33