Garage door sizes?

Vinny73

Hi all, odd one... Moving home soon, new place has standard size 7ft wide garage doors, garage opens out once in, I've checked the dimensions and looks like the 370Z is 6.1ft wide. Anyone got any experience in getting them through tighter entrances? Measurements suggest there's 11 inches width available for it to pass through. My current garage entrance is easy as it's a big old wide garage, over 8ft at the entrance... Bit nervous with the tighter modern doors and frame.

Edited by Vinny73

I know I am not in the same position as you because I have a wider entrance to the garage, BUT, I previously had up and over door, and always had to be careful with the framework from the door runners, etc..... So got rid and went for an electric roller door.

Got rid of all the frame work, rolls to the roof space, and more importantly, you can park with the ar$e end right back giving plenty of room at the front.......... Best £800 ever spent.

Of course, that assumes you have electric to the garage :teeth:

Just gives you food for thought, definately transformed useage.

• Like 1

I know I am not in the same position as you because I have a wider entrance to the garage, BUT, I previously had up and over door, and always had to be careful with the framework from the door runners, etc..... So got rid and went for an electric roller door.

Got rid of all the frame work, rolls to the roof space, and more importantly, you can park with the ar$e end right back giving plenty of room at the front.......... Best £800 ever spent.

Of course, that assumes you have electric to the garage :teeth:

Just gives you food for thought, definately transformed useage.

I did exactly the same, makes life so much easier.