nice compliment

garygranite

Went to a wedding yesterday (in a pretty "uppitty" place). As we were driving into the venue, the woman who was directing traffic (late 20s) , stopped, looked and said "wow nice car". Pretty pleased as the Zed had a wash before going! :p

Also a few friends of friends couldn't believe it was a 3.5...the comment "2 litre turbo is it?" Was mentioned a few times...

Erm..no.

• Like 1

"what size engine is that" while trying to avoid a full blown conversation,I said 3.5 and went in the house! Might have appeared rude, but thats the same guy when asked about an alleyway said its his land ;-)

The painter said today "nice car mannn, the wheels are sick, you will get mad kitten with this car," I said lets get inside away from prying eyes lol

Had a guy wave at me in mcdonalds like I knew him, people look, But the main thing is to enjoy the car as long as I can while I can, I bought it for myself and love the tunnels and underpass, great noise.

Was with a friend who visited maranello and she was impressed with the sound, even though you cant compare with V12s etc

love it so far, shame we only have half days of sun, full days come when you are at work!

My next car will definitely have to be something not too many people have, ill be doing major research,

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Went to a wedding yesterday (in a pretty "uppitty" place). As we were driving into the venue, the woman who was directing traffic (late 20s) , stopped, looked and said "wow nice car". Pretty pleased as the Zed had a wash before going! :p

Also a few friends of friends couldn't believe it was a 3.5...the comment "2 litre turbo is it?" Was mentioned a few times...

Erm..no.

Nothing wrong with 2 litres turbo's ;)

• Like 1

Erm..no.

Nothing wrong with 2 litres turbo's ;)

Never said there was! :p

• 3 weeks later...

Today, for the first time someone complimented my car, sort of. I was just reaching my car in the carpark and a guy comes over and asks what it is and says how nice it looks. We chat a bit and he asks what I paid for it. Now I've always wondered what the perceived value was to other people, especially with a private plate hiding the age. So I asked him what he thought, hoping for some huge number.

"One and a half" he says. I paused a little, stunned, and replied "Just over six".

A little more idle chat and off he went. Now I know my car might not be in the best nick, but on what planet is a car like this only worth a grand and a half?

IMAG0153_zpsfj2yk4rf.jpg

Today, for the first time someone complimented my car, sort of. I was just reaching my car in the carpark and a guy comes over and asks what it is and says how nice it looks. We chat a bit and he asks what I paid for it. Now I've always wondered what the perceived value was to other people, especially with a private plate hiding the age. So I asked him what he thought, hoping for some huge number.

"One and a half" he says. I paused a little, stunned, and replied "Just over six".

A little more idle chat and off he went. Now I know my car might not be in the best nick, but on what planet is a car like this only worth a grand and a half?

IMAG0153_zpsfj2yk4rf.jpg

£1500, wow! Now that is crazy! I've had this happen a few times now and estimates have ranged from 5k to well over 20k.

The best one was a little while back. I was approached at a garage when filling up and the chap asked exactly the same, what did you pay? Mine was £7000 and completely standard when purchased and mods, wheels excluded, have come to about 3.5k. When he saw the car it looked exactly as below but on a private plate, hiding the age. At first he thought it was a Porshe and pretty much brand new and when I said it was a Nissan and I'd had it for 5 years he still thought it was worth around 18k!

Its definitely interesting hearing what other people think. My cars been mistaken for a Porshe more times than I can count and by far the best.... a Bugatti lmao.

They do say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I've no doubt there are many peeps out there that would think your motor is worth 10 or more times what that guy said and many who would think our cars are scrap. I wouldn't be insulted by the valuation. Laugh it off :lol: Nice Zed btw :thumbs:

2015-07-11%2023.22.34_zpswrf3we1t.jpg