Rocket Bunny style ducktail wing

Tuck

After falling in love with the rocket bunny kit I found this gem in eBay. Although when it turned up it was a nasty fibreglass job, rivet hole filled in and moulding cracks everywhere. Bodyshop sorted it and painted it black. Now when it came to mounting we both agreed pop-rivets would crack the spoiler so we went down the riv-nut route.

abdca1a9b5ba77948a9c6afb43325161.jpg

Here it is after fitting. Some of the rivets need centring and I'm looking to get some black head bolts too.

e550d71e77c441d77e74be696242282a.jpg270a687af307d3a19fc5ef7ebef372a3.jpg193682ce6bc700e324dd0895107fea1e.jpg

Sent from my potato using duct tape

Is it just me, or has this been mounted upside down?

Only reason because of what I saw in Valy's RB build thread...

quick update:

had the front splitter,rear ducktail and diffuser in for a gloss black spray.The car is getting a wrap but since the splitter and diffuser will be getting quite a bit of battering thought the vinyl itself won't be enough so here they are collected couple of days ago

1_zpsi6i1pgmf.jpg

2_zpssaobnsmx.jpg

my time is limited at the moment so not getting much done just now but since I still have a couple more weeks until the wheels will arrive it will all come together till then

the only other thing I have done is remove the old spoiler and lip / tidy the mess up as good as I could and test fit the new ducktail

3_zps08icwk1n.jpg

4_zpsvpfviant.jpg

5_zpsjwtqu5rj.jpg

6_zpshmjukkbf.jpg

6a_zpsvbfbdura.jpg

8_zpstue1ohs5.jpg

7_zpshxwzuyir.jpg

9_zpsmr2my7vj.jpg

12_zpsk54vcdsi.jpg

10_zpspyzd33lt.jpg

11_zpsnjvwrjec.jpg

14_zpspo0cwnlw.jpg

13_zps19lgxggu.jpg

guess this is more like it ;)

14585606_1103839589651694_1238723143_o_zps1zdklunv.jpg

14572004_1103839572985029_763634849_o_zpsz6y0u91l.jpg

14537066_1103839602985026_499606061_o_zpsaear6nnt.jpg

second attempt at provisionally test fitting the ducktail again and this time looks right...couple more holes in the boot and a dozen more bolts and we're there with this bit :stir:

his was mounted the correct way as the curve on it looks right...the only problem is that I wouldn't call that a Rocket Bunny...mine is a replica...that is just a ducktail design from GRAMS... from what I can see it wasn't even designed to cover the whole width of the boot

Edited by valy

First impressions:

Spoiler looks good.

Fixing holes look rubbish/ all different depths and uneven.

Slight damage to corner of the spoiler (you can just about see it in the picture). However this probably occurred whilst in transport.

who supplied this one ?

First impressions:

Spoiler looks good.

Slight damage to corner of the spoiler (you can just about see it in the picture). However this probably occurred whilst in transport.

who supplied this one ?

EP Racing (see page 1).

First impressions:

Spoiler looks good.

who supplied this one ?

EP Racing (see page 1).

i thought the epracing one was the short fit and not the same as valy s ?

First impressions:

Spoiler looks good.

who supplied this one ?

EP Racing (see page 1).

i thought the epracing one was the short fit and not the same as valy s ?

If you want the long version, give them a call / speak to Leon. Met him down at Santapod.

Mine is the first long version they've produced.

We are building a Rocket Bunny Pearl white Fairlady Z as we speak. Should be completed later on in the year, if all goes to plan.

I hope to god you made moulds from them. I want the fender flares lol

Why dont you just buy them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Bodykit-fender-flare-widebody-rocket-bunny-Stardust-fit-Nissan-Fairlady-350Z-/152002226722

or

http://www.knightracer.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_43&product_id=2335

http://www.knightracer.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_43&product_id=3007

• 2 weeks later...
Are you going to get the full kit or just the spoiler? Love the aggressive look of the rocket bunny kit

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Naa the full kit is thousands! Spoiler will do, plus it's my daily.

Sent from my potato using duct tape

Theres plenty of perfectly good copy kits out there for £600. A friend bought one for his..Little bit of extra work to fit, but it looks proper. I just think theyre absolutely gash on the 350. Rear end is fine, front is pissing aweful but we all have our likes and dislikes.