Difference between 55 plate and 08 plate - looks and perf?

stevie_350z

I'm two years into ownership of my Kuro and fancy an upgrade - I'm on a PCP so I can settle at any time.

Is there such a big difference in the cars, though? I'm not so fussed about the looks, they haven't changed substantially outside, but I am interested in the performance... from what I gather on other threads, those of you who have done this kind of upgrade have said the car feels "better"?

Who of you has done this kind of upgrade, maybe a 55 to an 07 or something?

I fancy getting another kuro black with the nismo goodies on, inc. wheels.

hey kenny, was there any one thing that was a big improvement?

I just don't think it will be big enough an improvement... Digsy didn't seem too impressed... I'll book a test drive anywayz...

Only from my research (I think from somewhere on here) the engine was about 80% rebuilt for the 07 model giving more torque and BHP. It also benefits from twin air intakes.

I think the interior was improved. I'm no expert though - just snippets I've picked up whilst looking for my Zed...

...which I pick up Saturday :teeth:

OK. My straight answer 5 days in (and a bottle of white later :wacko: ) is don't do it. If keeping my Blade had been an option I would have treated it to a custom leather re trim (never liked the orange perforations and stitching) and a couple of other mods to keep it fresh. Maybe even go FI. I just don't see it as any major improvement.

I hope I'll be proved wrong over time. :)

PS Twilight grey looks cack in photos but is actually a really nice colour. It wasn't my first choice (or second of third) but I quite like it now. :thumbs:

OK. My straight answer 5 days in (and a bottle of white later :wacko: ) is don't do it. If keeping my Blade had been an option I would have treated it to a custom leather re trim (never liked the orange perforations and stitching) and a couple of other mods to keep it fresh. Maybe even go FI. I just don't see it as any major improvement.

PS Twilight grey looks cack in photos but is actually a really nice colour. It wasn't my first choice (or second of third) but I quite like it now. :thumbs:

They must of really messed you about (and done you a good deal) for you to accept your fourth choice :blush:

They must of really messed you about (and done you a good deal) for you to accept your fourth choice :blush:

It was the only one I didn't have to wait 3 months for. I'd probably have turned down the blue or the orange.

It was the only one I didn't have to wait 3 months for. I'd probably have turned down the blue or the orange.

Are you colour blind? Grey over blue or orange? :bleh:

Are you colour blind? Grey over blue or orange? :bleh:

Maybe he wanted tarmac colour... living in Liverpool the camouflage would make sense :lol:

i find it hard to believe there are no proponents of the 07/08 models... I can understand incremental changes... and perhaps no significant difference is good...

is it just a coincidence that I buy a Z in 2006 and the GTR will be available in 2009.... ?

I'm not sure why anyone would sell a zed, buy a newer one with the intention of selling it to get a GT-R next year.......... :surrender:

Just keep making those payments and the car stays on the drive...... :lol::teeth:

I still haven't driven an 07 model in case I want one! :blush:

+1 - but the cost for me to get from my 53 to an 07 would be enough for coilovers, exhaust, intake and remap and big brake kit, and probably the rest of the body kit I want. Given, my car will have a lot more miles and be worth a lot less than an 07, but I bet it would drive better on a track :thumbs: