Roadster Roof Care

Vicki350

Mine's the original vinyl roof and I'm not sure if it makes a lot of difference what you use on them but I use Hibiscrub (the stuff surgeons use to 'scrub-up' in hospitals) to deep clean it once a year. It's an anti-microbial and gets rid of and appears to protect against the dreaded green mould. Then I reseal with either Nikwax or Aerospace 303. The 303 seems to give the best black finish. :)

• Like 1

I have had good results on my Zed roadster roof using the Autoglym soft Top Cleaner and Protector.

However, it may not restore the black colour, in which case, you may wish to consider the Renovo products. My neighbour used it on his BMW soft top and it really brought the colour back.

• Like 1

I had mine fitted by CarHood warehouse on Monday. Their advise is to clean the roof with a soft brush and mild detergent only.

While I was there I asked them about the hydrophobic stuff such as from chemical guys and auto finesse and the response was " don't use them!!" Once you start you have to use them forever

What you need to remember is that it's not the outer layer that makes the roof waterproof. The mohair roof is made up of 3 layers. The outer mohair is bonded to a rubber middle layer and the internal cotton layer. The rubber is waterproof!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have had good results on my Zed roadster roof using the Autoglym soft Top Cleaner and Protector.

However, it may not restore the black colour, in which case, you may wish to consider the Renovo products. My neighbour used it on his BMW soft top and it really brought the colour back.

Cool

All I can say is mine looks bloody fantastic. You won't regret it and it's well worth whatever you're paying.

Are they providing the hood or did you source it yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sourced the hood, it's all part of the deal.

Hopefully they do a good job, I've heard on here they are good.

Mine's the original vinyl roof and I'm not sure if it makes a lot of difference what you use on them but I use Hibiscrub (the stuff surgeons use to 'scrub-up' in hospitals) to deep clean it once a year. It's an anti-microbial and gets rid of and appears to protect against the dreaded green mould. Then I reseal with either Nikwax or Aerospace 303. The 303 seems to give the best black finish. :)

Makes good sense using the hibiscrub. Chlorohexidine Gluconate all the way!

• Like 1

Makes good sense using the hibiscrub. Chlorohexidine Gluconate all the way!

If your hood is prone to mould then this method deffo works. I can vouch for the sealants too, we used to use 303 on the vinyl of our RIB annually which worked a treat, despite being left in seawater for months on end, also inhibiting green stuff growth. I just tried the Nikwax shampoo and sealant this winter out of interest after my own research led me to it. Results = so far so good after a couple of months. I will update if there's any change :teeth:

It makes sense to fully deep clean and reseal at least once a year, especially if you're hood is natural material, the vinyl is more hard core :teeth: