Lexan Windows for those on extreme diet.

GT4 Zed

As for protecting it, get clear vinyl applied on the outside. The sort that they use on the front of supercars to protect against stone chips etc, it will then wipe off like a normal vinyl will :)

I have a very good mate that does this if anyone needs it doing, decent quality stuff that's used on various supercars.

Being as you're from Surrey and mention supercars, are you referring to Valet Magic? They do a LOT of supercars and are impeccable :)

http://cgperformance.co.uk/services/paint-protection-film/

:thumbs:

Lots of options available but I know the owner as a friend, totally trust :)

Bennet: if theres a few of us up for it I have some contacts in plastic factory so could easily get a batch routed out but Id need some glass to get a template...... Lexan isnt expensive :) are you worried about the black border? Im not personally...

What are these patent front fenders?!

If youre at 1380 with fuel and driver I will ptobably get under my goal as i dont have sc or anything to worry about :D

Any other ideas to loose weight without breaking the bank?

Exercise and less McDonalds. :stir::lol:

lol I suffer this issue.

The most weight saving is as you say

Tar

Doors

Boot

Seats

Then you can start removing interior, aircon (both unit and belts and pipes)

some light weight wheels work well too - then i think most time left will be driver and power :)

Ignore Haydn! He is just malnourished and envious !

I'm already fully stripped interior a year ago and have seats and sporting the 18" Rays.

I'm just about were you are except for cage and CF door and boot. (I've got a vented CF bonnet) hence why I asked about your cars weight just to see where I'm going and if I should bite the bullet and get that under body stripped too.

I forget I'll be putting some weight on re installs the supercharger kit but I'll take the AC off. Did it the first time but could std the heat drive the car on the road but it's going to be trailer to the track so it can go on eBay!

Bennet: if theres a few of us up for it I have some contacts in plastic factory so could easily get a batch routed out but Id need some glass to get a template...... Lexan isnt expensive :) are you worried about the black border? Im not personally...

What are these patent front fenders?!

If youre at 1380 with fuel and driver I will ptobably get under my goal as i dont have sc or anything to worry about :D

Are you saying I'm fat!!!!!

Not really fussed I just want it to fit ok. The black borders are nice but not a deal breaker. I could send my glass out but that will end in tears. If you are coming my way with the van I can give you both rear glass and quarters.

Aftermarket fenders. I got one from eBay after my Ring kiss on the driver side. Cost about £70 but got it for £50. Fits ok with tweaking but you need to transfer the inner part from the OEM onto it. Easy. I just drooled or two rivets and put the back on. It's is paper thin steel and weighs nothing. I was concerned but when it's all bolted up its solid. I wish the rear quarter was removable. Shame I didn't weigh it but OEM is very heavy. Might even be more than 3 times heavier. Note it doesn't come with the side repeater slot but that's easy to cut out.

7EB681F3-CEC8-43D4-B881-A8B15F08A24B_1.jpg

Test fit pic. Still in primer.

eBay link. Not the exact seller but similar. Think they are made in Taiwan or China.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/121536746107

Edited by GT4 Zed

Thanks Steve, I got aero sorted long ago. Bgw, front splitter and front canards but will do a proper splitter like the one abbey did for you. Could consider flat underfloor if I end up stripping the bottom and other stuff like side exhaust etc. all comes down to cash.

I have just made a big purchase so I have to count the pennies but I'm meeting with my raceshop to plan how we'd stage the work and if I can get decent costing and staged payment I may go for it and build the car over months.

Have you got recent pics of your baby?

I will once the car is in the race shop. But you can template it on your even with the glass in. Just trace from the outside of the rubber strip and this will be similar to the aperture of the hatch.

I'll ask Alex or Ewen otherwise as it maybe quicker. I thought I'd get my car in next week but there are other unfinished cars that have to go out first.

I'm beginning to get impatient with these guys and may just take my business elsewhere if not that they are local and do good work.😖