Autosport show saturday anyone??!!

shire350Z

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If either of those cars were within my budget, I'd consider the Zonda for definite but I think I'd struggle to put my own money into the Ascari, no matter how good it is to drive. :wacko:

You'll be needing my paypal email address then?:D

yep :thumbs:

Didn't think anyone would guess that combo...... :blush:

If either of those cars were within my budget, I'd consider the Zonda for definite but I think I'd struggle to put my own money into the Ascari, no matter how good it is to drive. :wacko:

Ha ha! Don't worry about it mate. Put the fiver towards buying one of them and then take me for a spin in it one day :thumbs:

Ha ha! Don't worry about it mate. Put the fiver towards buying one of them and then take me for a spin in it one day :thumbs:

Good stuff :thumbs::lol::lol:

Some of the regulars would of made me cough up :lol::lol:

I bet they would. If it was something I coulkd do something with (i.e. £100 plus) I probably would have insisted too!

:p

I bet they would. If it was something I coulkd do something with (i.e. £100 plus) I probably would have insisted too!

:p

Maybe i will donate it to the club so they can buy some of these:

Vids002.jpg

:ninja::lol:

The Zonda, left an impression on me. Up close the quality of the carbon and all the technical design elements really stood out for me. It was definatley one of the few supercars there id like to have.

I do like the thinking behind the Ascari but aesthetically i dont think its brash enough as a supercar.

The Apollo looked really agressive like it meant business but it looks like its been designed by a school kid and all that mesh made it look like it was hashed together. It did have some nice design details though but as an overall package fell short.

Both the Murch and Gallardo soft tops looked the business. enough said B)

Enzo, although it looked wide and im sure on the road it has alot of presence it just looked too ordinary Ferrari like. I know thats a bad thing to say as its still a uber fast car but id pick other stuff over this.

Ford GT looked ordinary too but i think this is mainly down to the styling. Under the hood looked like it had been well put together. Obviously from reports the elctrics where wired by a monkey.

Did anyone spot the Ruf Turbo? That was at the top of my dream list B)

Yeah liked that too, although they left the back seats in? why leave the back seats in but have a huge strut bar going over the seats?Anyway, that was one well put together car. Carbon quality was very nice and some nice touches to make it look beefed up but still discreet if you get me. Think it was for sale for ~ £249,000 though. Thats alot of money!

Didnt like the RUF wheels either.

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

Prefered the carbon wheels :

IMG_0183.jpg

I do like the thinking behind the Ascari but aesthetically i dont think its brash enough as a supercar.

Have you heard one ... sweet jesus :scare:

Zonda is awesome, saw one going round Knockhill a few years ago

Well if you count the Jeremy Clarkson vid as hearing one then yes. Like i said i like the thinking behind it but i just dont like the styling too much.

Anyone spot this at the show...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/321907.htm

I know its been roundly berated in the past on here...

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... om&start=0

...but I have to say its a corking looking little thing and by far the best looking non-replica kit car I've seen. Still wouldn't spend £45k on one. :teeth:

Have you heard one ... sweet jesus :scare:

Zonda is awesome, saw one going round Knockhill a few years ago

Like this you mean:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2wneFoXU2 ... re=related

Holy Moly :scare:

If i stayed off this site I could earn more money and be able to afford one by 2089 :thumbs::scare:

I was planning to go, but in the end sort of forgot about it, normally we go to the festival of speed, which is where i normally get my fix of cars only sarnie can afford!

Anyone on here been to both, and how do they compare?

Cos this year im really hoping it doesn't persist it down as i dont fancy wading the mudbath that was last years car park in the Z

Dave

I was planning to go, but in the end sort of forgot about it, normally we go to the festival of speed, which is where i normally get my fix of cars only sarnie can afford!

Anyone on here been to both, and how do they compare?

Cos this year im really hoping it doesn't persist it down as i dont fancy wading the mudbath that was last years car park in the Z

Dave

I've been to both and it's not really fair to make a comparison. One is an indoor 1 day event with limited 'on track' action and the other is much more in terms of actual motor sport. :)

• 3 weeks later...