3. M13KYF

4. Digsy

5. Gixxer

6. Martinmac

7. stuey (lead car )

8. AndySpak

9. Chesterfield

10. Ian (depends on date)

11. Shire (depends on date) (new boy first time,lol)

Donny April 08

1. beavis

2. lomoto

3. M13KYF

4. Louis

5. H5

6. Gixxer

7. Martinmac

8. AndySpak

9. Chesterfield

11. Shire (new boy first time,lol)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should organise a first timers only meet, that way when we meet everyone else we'll already have our own clique and won't need to worry about being accepted in to theirs ;)

The cheek of it! :angry:;) We're very welcoming bunch and not cliquey at all! :boxing::lol:

Maybe we should organise a first timers only meet, that way when we meet everyone else we'll already have our own clique and won't need to worry about being accepted in to theirs ;)

No need for this as there are no clique's if you have a 350z everyone is welcome to the meet wether its Donny or the famous Wales drive out. Do a search for previous Walesdrive outs. There will be lots of people with good things to say about their previous experience's. Its not that type of club my freind. We welcome each other and have a great day out. :thumbs:

Wales 08 April

1. beavis

2. lomoto

3. M13KYF

4. Digsy

5. Gixxer

6. Martinmac

7. stuey (lead car )

8. AndySpak

9. Chesterfield

11. Shire (depends on date) (new boy first time,lol)

12. xstric9x

Donny April 08

1. beavis

2. lomoto

3. M13KYF

4. Louis

5. H5

6. Gixxer

7. Martinmac

8. AndySpak

9. Chesterfield

11. Shire (new boy first time,lol)

12. xstric9x ?

:teeth:

The website for the Donnington show is:

www.donnyshow.co.uk (its the ISTS show)

Tickets are (as far as I can work out, as they seem to have changed since last time):

£15 per adult if you pre book (gives access on both days) - Park your car outside the show ground on hard standing apparently.

£35 per driver and £30 per passenger for weekend access onto a club stand, including camping, but you may not necessarily be camping near your car.

Last time we attended, we had a stand for the cars, but took them out and either home or to a hotel each evening.

At Donny, its more of a wander around and look at the other stands etc, look at retailers stands, and watch whatever is going round the track - they had some mad fool on a Jet powered quad bike, and there were supercars going round the track.

The Wales drive is our club only, and is more of a social gathering of members for a nice pub lunch/carvery, a bask in the sunshine near the lake (fingers crossed) ample photo taking opportunities and some great driving time in the Z's around Wales.

The convoy(s) of Z's get waves and almost paparazzi style attention from the locals. To this day the Wales Drive(s) remain the best days driving Ive ever had in the Z.

My honest opinion - if I had to pick only one, it would be the Wales Drive. Each to their own though, the Donny Show is still fun, just different.

Does the Wales drive have to be in April? As has been said, it is this club only, whereas Donny is a car enthusiast event for all.

If the lakes etc are all part of it, why not do it in May / June / July when there is a better chance of weather being on our side? :)

We normaly have Two Wales Drives per year, one in or around April time, and another September time.

I dont think there is a specific reason for it being in April, othe than its always been that way. :blush:

If the majority thought May was better then May it would be I suppose.

Beavis?

We normaly have Two Wales Drives per year, one in or around April time, and another September time.

I dont think there is a specific reason for it being in April, othe than its always been that way. :blush:

Beavis?

Purely thinking of getting the club involved with the outside world a little more, as well as all the good stuff that is club members only involved. :)

No reason we can't have 6 months of a major meet each month over the summer....

Beavis?

April or May would be fine, i like April because its a little sooner and blow's away the winter blues. Also April last year was by far the best month for the weather. The whole month was stunning last year. B):thumbs: And so resulted in an inspired choice for the drive out. :teeth:

Can i just ask why it has to be between Donny and Wales?

Theres plenty of other events happening in the Year, so which ever month you do it in, its always going to conflict with some other event.

I think last year we did it then because there was a big event on in June and it was agreed a month in between the Drive out and the June event would be good.

Theres plenty of other events happening in the Year, so which ever month you do it in, its always going to conflict with some other event.

I think last year we did it then because there was a big event on in June and it was agreed a month in between the Drive out and the June event would be good.

I don't think there has to be a choice, but some people are. Donny is the biggest show of the year after Trax, so it would be nice to do with everyone we can get.

It doesn't look like much of a club with 15 people at a stand with another 15 on a drive out. I would love to have 30 for both. :thumbs:

I don't think there has to be a choice, but some people are. Donny is the biggest show of the year after Trax, so it would be nice to do with everyone we can get.

It doesn't look like much of a club with 15 people at a stand with another 15 on a drive out. I would love to have 30 for both. :thumbs:

If Donny is one of the biggest shows then i think its only beneficial for the club to put on a good showing and to get the club name out and about.

If that means moving the Wales run a few weeks back or forward then so be it.