Well maintained, genuine low mileage DE engine

ZedManTID

Well I royally fudged up and let my beloved zed run low on oil :( thought I had dodged a bullet by topping up just in time... 2 weeks later and the bottom end starts knocking. Gutted to say the least!

Anyway, putting the feelers out for a well maintained and low mileage DE engine if anyone can help.

Thanks

Edited by ZedManTID

Depends what's damaged and if you want standard OEM components or forged. Hopefully the crank is not damaged, that will be a bit more expensive and a bit difficult to source brand new. If you're looking to keep the car for a few good years, personally I'd keep the original engine and rebuild it. You'll enjoy the car for longer without anymore trouble, rather than buying an engine with unknown history that could run into the same problem.

• Like 2

[quote name='ZedManTID' timestamp='1454956015' post='1584160']
Guess a rebuild makes sense if affordable :thumbs:

Better do some research!
[/quote]

Have you got a garage/shed? Why not try to do this in your spare time, save some money and learn a lot more about the car itself. I can help with absolutely all the parts required, there are plenty of resources online for how to remove the engine, strip it and rebuild it :)

Nothing is impossible, or everything is impossible until you do it :)