* Straight plug & extension cord for compatibility with Sony WM remotes

* 80% more powerful than other Sony Fontopia earphones

* 3 interchangeable earbuds (S,M,L)

* Carrying pouch supplied

* Driver unit 9mm

* Neodymium Magnate

* BlackShort cord: 0.4mm + 1m extension cord included

Cheers for the reccomendations. :thumbs:

Am using the What HiFi - Sound and Vision guide as a starter. My ears and theirs seem to be similar from past experience with other equipment. Never bothered with headphones until now as having to use trains a bit now. (Don't worry, I'll wash before meeting any of you).

It's all a bit confusing! Mike's get 2 stars and Gixxer's aren't listed. Tempting prices though. But then I bought these for the girlfriend that are listed as 5 star items at £40 but I've just paid £7 delivered...!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sennheiser-CX300- ... dZViewItem

I figured the risk was worth taking for £7! Worry is I've not used these bud things before - are they uncomfortable?

I use Sony MDR-EX71SLB Fontopia Headphones. Never had a problem with them and sound great and not expensive

I've had two pairs of them Mike and although they sound great, and not expensive at all..... after continued use and I'm not talking about jogging etc, the rubber around where the ear piece joins the wire is really soft. Therefore eventually it frays!

Common fault it seems, although not sure if newer pairs have the same issue. That said, worth the risk for the money.....

Also with regards to the wire, they come with a two piece.... the standard wire is quite short and is one sided, therefore longer than the other and a loop goes around to other ear. There is an extender wire with it, but for my tastes it makes it a little too long!

I bought some Sennheiser ones last time, but not used them yet ...... but they make cracking earphones. Think some of the Shure in ear ones are meant to be the best.... but you will pay for it!

I use Sony MDR-EX71SLB Fontopia Headphones. Never had a problem with them and sound great and not expensive

I've had two pairs of them Mike and although they sound great, and not expensive at all..... after continued use and I'm not talking about jogging etc, the rubber around where the ear piece joins the wire is really soft. Therefore eventually it frays!

Common fault it seems, although not sure if newer pairs have the same issue. That said, worth the risk for the money.....

Also with regards to the wire, they come with a two piece.... the standard wire is quite short and is one sided, therefore longer than the other and a loop goes around to other ear. There is an extender wire with it, but for my tastes it makes it a little too long!

I bought some Sennheiser ones last time, but not used them yet ...... but they make cracking earphones. Think some of the Shure in ear ones are meant to be the best.... but you will pay for it!

The Shure ones are about £48 online. Sennheiser ones vary, like my post above! Which ones have you got?

I have read about other makes fraying quite quickly. That just adds to the dilemma!! :headhurt:

The Shure ones are about £48 online. Sennheiser ones vary, like my post above! Which ones have you got?

I have read about other makes fraying quite quickly. That just adds to the dilemma!! :headhurt:

my lad uses the ones i posted everyday for jogging and hasnt had any fraying :thumbs: he uses one of those armband holsters for his ipod i dont know if that helps ?

http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.p ... topic=1797

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/sony ... 94746.html

Am using the What HiFi - Sound and Vision guide as a starter. My ears and theirs seem to be similar from past experience with other equipment. Never bothered with headphones until now as having to use trains a bit now. (Don't worry, I'll wash before meeting any of you).

It's all a bit confusing! Mike's get 2 stars and Gixxer's aren't listed. Tempting prices though. But then I bought these for the girlfriend that are listed as 5 star items at £40 but I've just paid £7 delivered...!!

I figured the risk was worth taking for £7! Worry is I've not used these bud things before - are they uncomfortable?

Don't get the £7 off ebay. They are fake ones. Read a review on Amazon and he found they were fakes. :scare:

amazon posted review....

I bought a pair of cx300s a few weeks ago from Amazon market place for about £7, and to say that i was disapointed is an understatement - they were awful. i should of sent them back, but they did seem to improve a little, and with some cds they were almost acceptable, although the complete lack of bass could only be overcome by judicious use of the equalizer.

last night, i was doing some online research, when i came across the possibility that they were counterfeit. i compared all of the criteria, and they passed every one, suggesting that they were genuine, but they still sounded awful. Today, i bit the bullet & bought a new retail set. WOW!!! these headphones are AWESOME. With the equaliser flat, there is bass by the shedfull, yet the middle & treble are bright & clear. the new ones look identical, but audio wise, they are universes apart.

You may be tempted to buy cheap, and maybe there are genuine cx300s being sold cheap. Just don't say that you haven't been warned!

Don't get the £7 off ebay. They are fake ones. Read a review on Amazon and he found they were fakes. :scare:

:scare: Sh!te - what can you do if payment sent!? :blush:

Ah scruttocks, why do people have to do that sort of thing?? :rant::angry:

OK, so start the search again, will have a look at those Sony's and might try a few out. Anyone used either of the headphones in the original post? :blush:

For Chrimbo I bought my mrs some Skull Kandy Ink'd Ear Buds & she says they are great.

Werent too dear & come in some funky colours...she has dayglo pink one's :D

Could be worth investigating.

Cant remember the site I bought them from but think it was called something like I Headphones

Neil

Interesting findings today.....

Got home and both packages had arrived. My Sennheiser SX300's from eBay (£7) and my Sennheiser SX300's from Amazon (£14).

First off, different packaging, but both feel and look like the quality you would expect. Aesthetically, they are also identical, at least to the naked eye.

Sound wise, I tried the eBay ones first, and the sound is bl00dy good! Until it is turned up a bit and then the treble starts to get a bit harsh.

Then I tried the Amazon ones. And what a difference! The sound is so much more balanced, less bassy but so much more controlled.

I have no idea if either are 'fake'!

In summary, for the money, in isolation I'd be well happy with the eBay ones, if maybe a tad bass heavy for some lyrical tracks. So for £7, I can reccomend them!

But if either were fake it is likely to be the eBay ones. And for £14 off Amazon for these little things, I am massively impressed. :thumbs:

Just got 4 pairs of headphones now!! :lol: