Idiots guide to aftermarket seats needed

brummimatt

Hi All,

So i meant to sell my 350z today, the guy paid a deposit and then pulled out. The good news is i still have a 350z! The reason i was selling was the seats cripple me so think now i will get a set of after market reclining seats for it. Was going to go with Corbeau Boss Evo 2 seats. A few questions

• Will the Corbeau Boss Evo 2 fit in an 05 roadster ok?

• I would like to sit as low as possible (I'm 6ft 3)

• What do i need in addition to the seats to make fit them? Is it a subframe first then a sliding rail on top of that, then the seat bolts to the sliders?

Any thoughts or answers would be much appreciated and sorry if this has been covered, pretty new to this forum lark. Also thinking i will put spacers on the stock wheels and maybe a lightened flywheel and clutch kit as it will need to be done soon i think. The clutch still bites well but it bites quite high in the pedal movement and also makes a noise when the clutch is not pressed in neutral. Its only done 34k miles from new and i do barely any miles in it so may as well keep it for a while and make it how i like it

Cheers in advance

Matt

Ideally you want to make a trip to somewhere and try the seats out. I know its not local for you, but I have this nearby for example:

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/

Maybe you have something similiar?

(edit) It's worth remembering you will also have some electrical work to do to prevent having airbag dash lights, fitting resistors and the likes.

Edited by Sargara

I am not sure if this helps but my previous 350 was a jdm, my current a uk. The jdm seats were much more comfortable and you sit lower, maybe it was just because you sit lower as they look the same. Whilst granted the cloth seats dont look as nice as leather, they would be cheap enough to try as a temp fix and if you like them, have them retrimmed in whatever you fancy. May be a cheaper route than trying something else to find out you dont like them either, worst case, you can sell the jdms back on for what you paid or there abouts.

I could be wrong but read the jdm seats sit lower because they dont have the electric motors, i dont know if this is the same for the convertibles.

Edited by Jetpilot

Thanks for the reply guys. The current seats are the mesh back azelan leather seats (roadster) which i find crippling. I had a good (long) sit in the Corbeau seats last weekend at the AutoSport show at the NEC. Definitely like the seats in terms of comfort and can get a pair of the seats for around £550. I just need to work out if A. They will fit and B. what is involved in fitting them i.e what else i need to buy apart from the seats

ZmanAlex. Thanks for your advice and wise words. I'l look into it. Hopefully a simple resistor mod will sort it. Never really understood why the passenger seat goes forward when the roof goes down? Saves me telling the wife she needs to put her coat on i guess.

On a separate note, from lurking on the forum Zmanalex, i gather you're the man to talk to about clutches. How much am i looking at for the parts on a clutch change? A. for am OEM replacement and B. for an upgraded version

Ta

Matt