Roadster v coupe question

tobyn123

Good morning guys and girls,

Question for you all I'm visiting family atm and my brother in law has a roadster zen, both cars are 2005, my coupe is the GT spec so larger alloys. His roadster is on a very low mileage - mine average yet the difference in the clutch and gear box is night and day. Of course his is heavier and what not but to the point my clutch is quite heavy and his is feather light, he might as well not have a first gear fo the time he spends in it and he gets to 6th around 50mph while I have allot more time in 1st and don't need 6th till allot later, is this just the difference between the models or has mine had an aftermarket one put on?

Many thanks

T

Could be wear, could be aftermarket clutch. Impossible to tell.

Unless yours starts slipping, I wouldn't worry about any difference. Driving style can make a lot of difference to the wear, but unless he's dragging the clutch on changes I don't think that's an issue here.

Possible the one has a duel Mass flywheel and the other Doesn't as standard they are duel mass,but people do change to single mass to help get the power down better :)

If this is the case the single mass will be a little noiser at idle and low speed.

There are threads on here with people going over to single

I hope this helps but there are other factors if one has more mods and the other Doesn't :)

I have a coupe with a SMF and a Roadster with standard clutch and fly. The DMF is definitely slightly lighter but thats because the Extreme clutch has a more powerful pressure plate from what I understand.

Before I changed to a SMF the clutch was slipping and it was REALLY heavy. It was due to the pressure plate being spent apparently