New Z, help me sort induction?

Bordtea

Hi all,

New Z owner here. Recently picked up a 53 reg silver version and so far I'm pretty impressed! One thing that does currently need sorting however is the induction. See photo below - it appears to have a K&N cone filter connected to the intake by a Samco pipe, but there's nothing other than that. No heat shield, no cold air feed. The end closest to the air intake is covered so cannot directly connect a cold air feed pipe.

IMG_0466.jpg

This surely must be losing power rather than gaining anything - what's the best way to sort it so that we're either gaining a couple of horses or retaining stock power with a nice induction roar? I've seen talk of a 2006 airbox, what's this all about?

Any help much appreciated!

Best gains seem to be from the standard air box , either a 2006 air box or the Airbox mod kit that's available on here. You lose a couple of horses with a cone filter but gain the induction noise.

Two ways to do it, although you wont really notice any gain or loss, either fit the std air box and free flow panel filter, but you will loose any induction noise, or extend the tube from the AFM so it takes the filter down to where it will receive some cold airflow from the front of the car, but with a minimal risk if you should encounter a flooded road.

• 2 weeks later...