Any experience with removal companies?

Wayne370Z

Spent all day today sorting out and packing up stuff in the garage in readiness for our, hopefully, soon to be move over to Lincolnshire. Still have another garage and couple of sheds full of stuff to go at and will, no doubt, end up with more outside/garage tools, equipment and stuff than furniture and stuff from inside the house.

Previous moves I just borrowed my brothers Transit but now, seeing as he hasn`t got it anymore and the amount of stuff to move, I`m thinking professional company with very, very large removal van (and, no doubt, very, very large bill to go with it) and I`m wondering if they`ll turn their nose up at the dusty/dirty garage stuff, wheel barrow, cement mixer and such, or, will they just get on with it like they do it everyday and hopefully just not stack it on top of the good stuff from in the house?

Anyone had any experience of such?

And, on a side note, whilst I like the idea of moving away from the busyness and congestion and rain of Manchester to the fields and countryside (and sunshine) around Lincoln where do people get their Zeds serviced with the nearest HPC being 58 miles away in Nottingham ..?

Edited by Wayne370Z

Hi

We moved 2 months ago and like you had more "dirty" stuff than house stuff and the removals guys just got on with it no issues at all. The kept the heavy and/or dirty stuff away from the house stuff.

I was wary like you but found them to be very good, but yes, compared to a DIY transit move, very expensive!!

Good luck, hope everything goes smoothly for you :thumbs:

Hi

We moved 2 months ago and like you had more "dirty" stuff than house stuff and the removals guys just got on with it no issues at all. The kept the heavy and/or dirty stuff away from the house stuff.

I was wary like you but found them to be very good, but yes, compared to a DIY transit move, very expensive!!

Good luck, hope everything goes smoothly for you :thumbs:

Thanks Lyndzzz, that sounds encouraging.

Edited by Wayne370Z

They'll take anything you pay them to, as long as it's not covered in faeces.

Just watch them like a hawk and tell them where to put things/what to take care of, and check everything for damage. My movers were great, a nice couple of lads who were happy to chat and knew what I expected, and very reasonable to for a 7.5T van.