Depreciation

Digsy

Guest prescience
However if the £xxx that you pay for the car enables you to make a good profit, ie finance the business then it makes leasing, releasing the cars value a viable option.

I did the same with property, upped my mortgage in the short term hence higher monthly payments but the propery I bought made me a tidy profit.

That's it exactly. :)

Liam, you can't compare leasing a car to renting a house because your house won't lose 40% of its value in 18 months. If the lease payments on a car are no more than the depreciation over the same time, what have you lost? Other than the grief of getting rid of the damn thing at the end.

Sorry for going OT - your argument is sound mate :teeth:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hence the BoeBR coming down last month, the market was at breaking point........ :):surrender:

You cant envisage the rate going up again in the near future??

4% by this time next year

That's interesting , I would have thought with raw materials going through the roof (steel, copper alloy etc.) , fuel /gas prices rising , food costs escalating(price of wheat has nearly doubled in 6months :scare: ) that it was a sure fire bet that inflation would rise

Inflation yes, but interest rates will consequently go down , tenner on it ;)

12 months from now a tenner will wing it's way up to Cumbria if inflation is lower than today :thumbs:

Guest prescience
However if the £xxx that you pay for the car enables you to make a good profit, ie finance the business then it makes leasing, releasing the cars value a viable option.

I did the same with property, upped my mortgage in the short term hence higher monthly payments but the propery I bought made me a tidy profit.

Liam, you can't compare leasing a car to renting a house because your house won't lose 40% of its value in 18 months. If the lease payments on a car are no more than the depreciation over the same time, what have you lost? Other than the grief of getting rid of the damn thing at the end.

I didn't compare it to leasing a house, Dorian did ;)

But only for the hell of it :p the flaw was 2 pages back :p

I didn't compare it to leasing a house, Dorian did ;)

But only for the hell of it :p the flaw was 2 pages back :p

Exactly, you started it as usual :p

Guest prescience

Hence the BoeBR coming down last month, the market was at breaking point........ :):surrender:

That's interesting , I would have thought with raw materials going through the roof (steel, copper alloy etc.) , fuel /gas prices rising , food costs escalating(price of wheat has nearly doubled in 6months :scare: ) that it was a sure fire bet that inflation would rise

12 months from now a tenner will wing it's way up to Cumbria if inflation is lower than today :thumbs:

No the bet is on interest rates at 4% - besides, there are so many measures of inflation, I doubt I can justify paying my lawyer to get my winnings :lol:

No the bet is on interest rates at 4% - besides, there are so many measures of inflation, I doubt I can justify paying my lawyer to get my winnings :lol:

I'll take £100 on the BoeBR being higher than 4% :teeth:

Damn you spotted my twist in the plot...OK if interest rates are at 4% the tenners yours :lol:

Guest prescience

OK , I'll take your bet if you take it until after the Jan 2009 BofE monetary policy meeting - that's 13 meetings from now :teeth:

OK , I'll take your bet if you take it until after the Jan 2009 BofE monetary policy meeting - that's 13 meetings from now :teeth:

Its only 12 as they have had the Jan 08 one, but yeah, your on:

+4% after the Jan 08

:teeth:

PS: I really hope I lose the best as I'll make a fortune if the rates come down that low......... :D

Guest prescience

+4% after the Jan 08

PS: I really hope I lose the best as I'll make a fortune if the rates come down that low......... :D

You can't actually lose, because you will rightly call in the bet if you win, whereas, I won't bother if I do as it's lost in the noise :lol:

I thought you would do better with higher interest (ie higher commision ? )

Nope, incorrect. When I visit clients, i want them to be on a high rate and for me to be there with a really low rate. This makes my proposition far more appealing and can justify charging my fee :thumbs: Mortgage commision is negligible and not directly linked to the rate at all. Think approx 0.35% of the borrowing, this is typical :)

+4% after the Jan 08

You can't actually lose, because you will rightly call in the bet if you win, whereas, I won't bother if I do as it's lost in the noise :lol:

Don't cop out now :lol: A bets a bet. I'll pay up if your right and I'll expect the same* :thumbs:

*Do you do interest free credit? :lol::lol:

Guest prescience

Don't cop out now :lol: A bets a bet. I'll pay up if your right and I'll expect the same* :thumbs:

*Do you do interest free credit? :lol::lol:

Quite right - apologies, that wasn't sporting - the bet's on :pB)

Guest prescience
:snack: so now we play the waiting game .............. :bose:

Only 12 months. Perhaps next january you can grave dig this thread to remind us :p

It's a concern certainly, so I intend instead to spend my winnings this weekend and suggest you do the same ;)

:snack: so now we play the waiting game .............. :bose:

Only 12 months. Perhaps next january you can grave dig this thread to remind us :p

It's a concern certainly, so I intend instead to spend my winnings this weekend and suggest you do the same ;)

Already spent it, I'll send you the bill to save time :p

I'd never take a mortgage from a man with a lambo - i would assume (not necessarily correctly) that he was ripping me off and earning far too much from me!

And by the way, you're all boring me now! :lol:

I don't turn up in the Lambo so you'd never know ;)

I'd never take a mortgage from a man with a lambo - i would assume (not necessarily correctly) that he was ripping me off and earning far too much from me!

What do you turn up in?

What do you turn up in?

My A3 :)

What do you turn up in?

My A3 :)

Have we ever had pics?