Rosie's new bedroom

JurassicZ

Totally fed up with the crappy floor of my garage in Spain, either dust or damp coming up and I could not get any floor paint to stay on it.

So I decided to waterproof membrane, and tile it before I brought Rosie down here for the winter.

I reckon she will be very happy with where she will spend the winter away from the cold damp UK!

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

Edited by 370ZRDevon
  • Like 5

Looks great! I need to do something similar for my garage floor. It's just bare concrete at the moment and am finding a lot of dust still so looking at the interlocking mats from homebase/ebay, etc

That was also one of my thoughts.

I think there are plus and minuses to each.

Tiling allows you to put a much better waterproof membrane underneath and is much easier to keep clean, sweep, hoover and mop...job done.

Matting is easier to lay and better if you want to work in the garage, I will have to use some form of protective matting if/when I use a trolley jack, but hopefully that will only be the occasional wheel off clean.

Also I could not find the same matting products down here, which pushed me more toward tiling. It was important to ensure a very solid layer of cement under each tile not just blobs in the corners as this would then lead to a risk of cracking.

Edited by 370ZRDevon