Posting Stuff - Small business advice?

neo-ninja

Hey guys,

I have started a small side business which means I am currently posting around 40-60 parcels a month (but obviously hoping to grow!)

All the parcels are valued at around £30-50 which means I need to send them recorded (but second class is ok) Some are sent internationally. The parcels are usually no bigger then a "small parcel" by royal mail standards

I started taking stuff after my normal day job to the local post office, but its a bit of a nuisance for me, but also for the other people in the queue (i live around alot of pensioners doing banks stuff etc..) and its pretty damn awkward getting like 20 parcels done at a time with an ever increasing queue of people tutting behind me.

Its a bit of an inconvenience to go every day to post a couple so i normally do a weeks worth on a day and have tried different days etc.. but its very hit and miss how busy it is etc..

Anyway long story short I was wondering how small businesses normally do their post. What options do I have? Are there any services that will come pick up the parcels in a batch etc?

Any advice would be fantastic!

We send out a couple of mail bags each day containing small packets, some UK, some air mail, and have an online business account with Royal Mail.

We print out our own stamps and stick them on each packet.

At the end of the day, each mail bag is weighed and the weight divided by the number of packets to get an average weight.

Go online, create an order and print it off. Our mail is collected each day but you could just go to the post office and dump the mail bags there without queueing.

OR/

You could rent a franking machine and print off your own stamps after weighing each packet. Put them in a mail bag and again dump them at your nearest post office without queueing.

This is what we used to do before our workload increased.

We find the first option the best and most convenient :)

• Like 2

We send out a couple of mail bags each day containing small packets, some UK, some air mail, and have an online business account with Royal Mail.

We print out our own stamps and stick them on each packet.

At the end of the day, each mail bag is weighed and the weight divided by the number of packets to get an average weight.

Go online, create an order and print it off. Our mail is collected each day but you could just go to the post office and dump the mail bags there without queueing.

OR/

You could rent a franking machine and print off your own stamps after weighing each packet. Put them in a mail bag and again dump them at your nearest post office without queueing.

This is what we used to do before our workload increased.

We find the first option the best and most convenient :)

Ah bud is that through Royal mail and tracked?

Yes, its Royal Mail and signed for if you want that. You can do special delivery if you want,...anything you like.

They provide all the stickers and labels you will need.

Edit: I know what you mean about queueing up at the post office counter with loads of punters puffing, blowing and tutting as you unload a huge bag of small packets for them to process. Been there myself at one time, its a right PITA :lol:

Edited by 350zedd