Front wheel bearing hub replacement

Alex HMB

Hello all,

Front wheel hub: Am I correct in thinking it's just disc and caliper off, four bolts out on the back of the hub and new one in?

I ask as I need to do it quite quickly on Saturday morning in order to reach the first pub of a Christmas pub crawl :-)

I'M so glad that Nissan decided to change the design after the massively expensive hub/bearing assy on the S14. After a couple of tries at breakers I ended up going OEM at the cost of £650. It gave me peace of mind but my wallet was none too happy. :rant::angry: Heat and a mallet should see you right Alex.

I'M so glad that Nissan decided to change the design after the massively expensive hub/bearing assy on the S14. After a couple of tries at breakers I ended up going OEM at the cost of £650. It gave me peace of mind but my wallet was none too happy. :rant::angry: Heat and a mallet should see you right Alex.

Ouch! Indeed, quite a good design on the zed. Also much better than my friend's 911.

Old hub was horrible and graunchy but I found it came out quite easily with a little heat around the aluminium housing and a mallet on the four bolts which I only undid a few turns. Drives nice now. 2 hours in total including jacking the car up etc.

20151212_092716_zpsswwl5ugn.jpg

• Like 1